HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Must Have Pack List (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/159723-must-have-pack-list.html)

TheAngryGimp 10-14-2006 11:07 PM

Must Have Pack List

Since this will be my first year out I'm wondering what are some must haves to carry with me? I think I've got the basics covered:

Tags and License (of course)
Binoculars
Water
Snacks
Knife/Multi-tool
Rope
Extra Ammo
Book
Notepad and pen
Camera
Hand warmers

I know everybody has a few personal favorites that they just can't be without....

10pointhank 10-15-2006 08:51 AM

RE: Must Have Pack List

looks like a good list so far maybe throw in a book so if you get antzy

good luck

chickenjohn42 10-15-2006 09:53 AM

rolloftp,first aid kit,flashlite,extra battery's ,folding saw,thermacell with extra pads and fuel refill's,plus what you have .plus all the scent's and calls a set of rattling antlers :(my bag is soooo heavy .lol

uncle matt 10-15-2006 11:13 AM

What I pack is dictated by where I'm going to be hunting. Of course it is always going to have tags, license, ID, spare ammo. Then whether it's on the farm or big state land and the expected weather will have different requirements. Also everyone has different needs. I say needs because what you need might not be what I need. I know some guys who can't hit the woods w/o 2 or 3 boxes of slugs - me I can do with just 1. Some guys bring a bottle or 2 of water - I need (and want) 4 or 5 bottles of water as I'm big on being hydrated.

One thing is for sure - ain't no 2 lists gonna be the same.

Another consideration is how deep ya going and how ya gettin there? Gonna do an all day stalk? Sit on a few different stands?

If I'm going stalking you better believe I'm going light. If I'm going to sit in a stand or blind all day and am getting dropped off by an ATV, I'm bringing the bbq grill,laptop, space heater and sleeping bag(humor).

sam 444 10-15-2006 05:46 PM

You should carry some kind of fire starter A compass or gps are good items to carry also.

brang05 10-16-2006 07:47 AM

Once again it depends on how deep you are going. Here in MIssouri I dont go too far on familiar land such as my dads farm. If hunting small areas you dont need except what you can get into your pockets. If going out for the long haul you will need all that other stuff.

Downhill18 10-16-2006 01:18 PM

I'd make sure to pack a flashlight and a rangefinder (especially if you're bow hunting.)

wyotimberghost 10-16-2006 02:17 PM

I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned yet- an EMERGENCY BLANKET AND SMALL FIRST AID KIT. I never go into the boonies by myself without these. I also carry ORANGE TAPE so that I can mark the trail back to my kill if I run out of light and have to come back the next day to recover it. Lastly, I carry one of those nylon web harnesses for dragging out my animals. It sure saves a lot of time.

spudrow 10-16-2006 02:24 PM

I think now days a cell phone is very important. I always carry mine with me. Walkie talkies are useful as well. Good luck to you.

sparkysteve 10-28-2006 08:46 PM

Batteries. Don't forget to have spares for your flashlight, camera,GPS, rangefinder, walkie-talkie, etc.