Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how far do u go to stay scent free as possible >

how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Old 10-12-2006, 04:07 PM

Default RE: how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

whats really funny is they all will go to all that trouble. and the first thing they do when they get to their stand is take a piss. kinda defeats the whole purpose of scent control from then on......
Old 10-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

sellme69,
Can I go on the road with you and be your agent? We would make a fortune. You crack me up!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

wash with scent free shampoo and soap
have outer clothing and some fleece under garmentswashed with scent free soap and sealed in a garbage bag
wear rubber boats and spray them with deer piss as a cover scent

Old 10-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Tennhunter....the funny thing is, I think there are people who actually do this!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:24 PM

I too am very careful with scent control and I am a big believer in Scent Lok after sitting on top of deer for the last three years. But, the wind hunters are correct. If you have the luxury of several stands or large tracts of land where you can hunt the wind, that is clearly the best strategy. About the only scent control you need then is rubber boots. Unfortunately for the last three years I have had one stand in a 4 acre tract surrounded by other leases, but I managed to see 60 deer with about 10 different bucks and shot several does and one 2.5 year old buck.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I do everything known to man including taking a toothbrush dipped in scent a way detergent and scrub my notsril hair.
I have to admit you must feel very clean after that!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a portable shower I pull behind my pickup and take a shower where I park. That eliminates "house smells". I have bows and clothes that I leave at each stand. I walk nude to the stand, climb up and dress. I wear light rubber gloves when handling my bows so no bodily scent is transferred to my bows. I use a carbon mask that filters my breath when I exhale. I spray carbon blast on a tampon and insert it in case I fart.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:07 AM

It's over rated! The companies just want your money!
Old 10-15-2006, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

i go scent free up untill i wake up and smoke my first cigarette....lol

hunt high and don't worry about scent
Old 10-15-2006, 10:30 AM

before theseason I wash all my clothes in scent blocker laundry detergent, then put in a huge rubbermaid container that has weatherstripping around the edge to seal out all scent.....then after I am all dressed I spray down with scent shield white lightning.Then after 5 or so hunts I reactivate the carbon in the dryer and wash the other clothes

-deerhuntmo

Quick Reply: how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.