Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how far do u go to stay scent free as possible >

how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Old 10-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Sounds like a Doe attracting technique....
Old 10-12-2006, 08:38 AM

geeze now thats the way to deattract those big boys
Old 10-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

All I do is drink about three cups of real strong dark roast coffee on my way out. My wife always says that I stink like strong coffee, so I figure that's all the deer can smell too. Hey, it's a natural product.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 AM

Wash my hunting clothes (including towels) in Knight& Hale's ultimate body soap (fresh earth scent) and store them in a 30gallon zip-loc bag with a fresh earth scent wafer. I have a couple of towels that are not worthy of using for guests, so I laid claim to them. I shower with fresh earth soap, use arm & Hammer scent free deodorant and toothpaste.I spray myclothes with earth scent prior to walking in the woods and again once I get on stand. No scent-control clothing and have had no problems with deer winding me. I also spray my bow and treestand before heading into the woods.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 AM

GLAD I AM NOT A MOD. ON THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:52 AM

I wash my clothes in scent free soap and take a scent free shower, I also keep my scent free clothes in abag. no way will I ever buy scentlok. to dang exspensiv!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:32 PM

geeze now thats the way to deattract those big boys
I agree.. Just poking a little fun at the scent free guys that think its ok to pee out of their stand. Maybe its ok, who knows.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:43 PM

I've been know to go so far as to keep my scent out of the woods as to stay home and sleep in.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a rifle hunter primarily, even though I thoroughly enjoy a good handgun or bow hunt...

One of my uncles that helped teach me how to hunt once told me: "When you're hunting with a good rifle, scent and sight don't matter, by the time they get in range to see or smell you, they should already be dead." I used to spend a lot of time and effort on my attire and my scents, then I remembered those words and just went back to hunting.

A story I might share...I was stayed an extra night at a friends college apartment a few years ago after a birthday party and ended up sittingin one of his groundblindsthe next morning with borrowed boots and parka, and my rifle (luckily had left it in the truck for the trip)...THe only scent cover effort he EVER used was $4 a bottle scent killer from walmart. I spritzed myself down and headed for the blind. I had about 20 does walk in on me from all directions that morning, some so close I could have jumped on their backs!!! I haven't been too concerned about scent killers since then, even for close range stuff.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:03 PM

yeah i know whatcha think about all these guys lol lol a whole lot of shavin goin on here lol lol i was laughin so hard last night i about pissed my pants myself......i would have to be really desperate to shave my ole family jewels lol

Quick Reply: how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.