Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Best Attractant for Non-Rut... >

Best Attractant for Non-Rut...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best Attractant for Non-Rut...

Old 10-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Spike

Default Best Attractant for Non-Rut...

This Sat is the deer opener in Wash. State, I was wondering what is the best attractant for non-rut situations... I'll be hunting Mulies in the sage with scattered trees.... Thanks for the Help..
Old 10-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Best Attractant for Non-Rut...

Curiosity scent such as plain non-estrous doe urine .
Old 10-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

With so many products out there , its really hard to tell ya which one will work best for you.
I use Trails End from Wildlife Reshearch on a drag rag to lay a sent trail to my stand in the early part of the season and it seems to work pretty good.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:35 AM

You can have all that store scent containing preservative- We have switched to the freshly collected scents bought from deer farmers. We use products from www.southernwhitetailscents.com. We have scored some really nice bucks in the last two years.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

about 8 years ago I switched from your typical scent products, to using straight store bought vanilla extract, and have had fantastic results with it. I generally buy a couple bottles of the imitation vanilla, pour into a container, then fill one of the bottles with water(seems to strong when used just straight), and mix the two together. It's been amazing how many whitetails I've brought in with it. Works great to spray where you want the deer to stop for a shot. One of my stands has a decent size boulder near it, and I usually spray the rock pretty well, and you'd be surprised how many deer will sit and lick the rock for a few minutes. Happy Hunting! Taz
Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on the Vanilla taz.Best thing is it works 24/365.

I use pure Vanilla(pure is pricey)and dilute a bit.Been using for years.
I have pics of deer last yr headed directly toward bottle filled with vanilla.
Watched deer walk into field and scent the stuff. Great curiosity scent and cover scent around stands.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: tazimna

about 8 years ago I switched from your typical scent products, to using straight store bought vanilla extract, Taz
Hummmm, never tried that! Might give a try!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone. I'll give the Vanilla a try.. May you All have a huge gut pile.....
Old 10-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Site Buck Guru

Spray yourself and the entire surrounding area with apple juice and don't forget your bee sting kit![:-]
Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Was thinking about trying the Vanilla extract method this weekend - a couple questions.

What ratio do you mix it down to - 2:1 (water:vanilla)??

Also, do you spray it directly on your boots, onthe ground - or put it on something to hang from a tree?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Best Attractant for Non-Rut...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.