HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   got 82 pound doe, and attacked by an anti' (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/158837-got-82-pound-doe-attacked-anti.html)

treestandstealth 10-09-2006 11:13 AM

got 82 pound doe, and attacked by an anti'

yesterday evening I got in at about five in the evening and deciding I would go sit in my. didn't worry about being scent free, so I didn't expect to shoot. longstory short I shot a 82 pound doe from ten yards, that was the fun part. however, when I when to check her in there was an older lady buying some milk, she looked at me and said "did that deer have a gun in it's hand" thinking she was just working on a joke I laughed and said no. then she said " did it have an arrow in it's hand" at this point I saw where this was going and I said " no but I did" she continued to tell me how wrong she thought it was to shoot those innocent animals. I held my toungue, but wanted to say " did that cow that gave up his life for your leather shoes have a gun it his hand but I refrained. this was all so unexpected, because I live in southeastern oklahoma and 90 percent of the people hunt, so it was mainily shock. has anyone else experienced a similar situation? by that way both of my antlerless tags are filled for archery and season is only a week old here.

kevin1 10-09-2006 11:28 AM

RE: got 82 pound doe, and attacted by an anti'

If telling them that we are a necessary part of the state's game management strategy , the service we provide to the community , and the fact that we take the place of now nonexistant predators doesn't sway them I just tell them to mind their own business . You can't reach people like that .

just curious 10-09-2006 11:41 AM

if people think that because you have a weapon, that you have an advantage, they are dead wrong. its better to walk away than to give those people the satisfaction of getting to you. don't give them a reason to hate hunters. let them live in their fantasy world where animals frolic around healthy and happy, finding food plentiful, and never getting hit by cars. they are not worth the effort.

buckhunter14 10-09-2006 11:59 AM

Congrats on the doe, way to hold your tounge, it's a hard one to do.

DougMD 10-09-2006 12:06 PM

I think some people need a good backhand. I'm sure she ate meat that day with no clue how hypocritical she is! [:@]

just curious 10-09-2006 12:15 PM

i think alll the members of peta should have to go pick up roadkills in the heat of the summer. that would teach them...

Red Lion 10-09-2006 12:26 PM

RE: got 82 pound doe, and attacked by an anti'

It fortunate that we all have the freedom to share our opinions, but the lady you describe was simply being a "B." Like you really care about her opinion of hunting and hunters? You demonstrated better manners than I would have had for a rude women. Good for you, bad for her.

10pointhank 10-09-2006 04:51 PM

this is usally what i tell people..
i ask them if they ever had beef jerky?
they useallu say yes
i tell them this

your beef jerky is from a animal thats kept in a pen all day and lives at a feed live with a horible life

my beef jerky is from a animal that has lived its life in the wild and its prolbly had a great life then it has one bad day and that is when i harvest it

they uselly shut up after that

weezer 10-09-2006 09:33 PM

some people just don't understand ecology. i think you did the right thing bybiting you're tongue. it sucks at times but some thingsare better left unsaid. (ie. the smart alec remarks that popout ofourmouths before our brain says, just keep it to yourself)

younggun308 10-10-2006 06:03 AM

My mom's kind of an anti.:(I asked her when she started to feel that way and she said it was after she watched the film "Bambi".

I was well on my way to being an anti-hunter after watching ituntil my uncle told me a lot about hunting. It tweaked my interest and here I am.

A word of advice to all hunter dads,

NEVER,NEVER, LET BAMBI INTO THE HOUSE!!!!!
HE'S A DECEIVER, LIKE A ROARING LION SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR!!!:D