HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Have a Great Weekend Guys!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/158516-have-great-weekend-guys.html)

TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF 10-06-2006 02:34 PM

Have a Great Weekend Guys!!

Guys,

Fall. Leaves falling, cool mornings, college football, and on top of all that, just when you thought it could get no better - deer season!

I know all of you feel and share my sentiments when I say that ther is nothing on this earth like sitting in your favorite stand as the sun rises and begins to give light to God's creation all around you. It is something few understand.

You know my favorite sound? the one sound on this earth that I seem to actually feel as much as I can hear it.........the sound of leaves falling off the tree and touching down on the forest floor for a safe landing. Something special about that gentle sound while on stand.

I do not have much time to write, but from the bottom of this Southern boy's heart, I hope each of you have a blessed and safe deer season and that you are able to share and create memories with family and friends that you love. When it is all said and done, that is what deer hunting is about if you ask me.

I often think back to when I was a child and my most precious memories include me hunting with my Dad and a group of Southern deer hunters in middle Georgia. they were all wonderful influences to a young boy and I am pleased and feel blessed today to say that I still hunt with those same guys as a middle aged man.

I know the season has not started everywhere, but I hope all of you are able to get out in the woods in some aspect this weekend. maybe you get to hunt! Or maybe you need to go out with a close friend and check a stand or two. Sometimes it is fun just to go out and double check your food plots, get a look at some of the tracks and talk about it with a family member. Wahtever it is you are able to do, I hope you think about how blessed you are to be an outdoorsman with a place to enjoy what God has given.

That, my friends, is the true essence of respect. God bless.

TDWW

Champlain Islander 10-06-2006 02:40 PM

RE: Have a Great Weekend Guys!!

Good luck to you too TD. Nice to hear from you again.

manuman 10-06-2006 04:19 PM

Good reflection there TDWW--I can certainly respect that!!:)

buckhunter14 10-06-2006 07:00 PM

Nice, good luck to you as well. I don't think I have seen a post under 6 paragraphs from you. I like the enthusism... :)

Oneshot7 10-06-2006 07:43 PM

nice tdww you too bro wear a saftey harness to we dont need you going and dieing on us or anyone else for that matter

SJAdventures 10-06-2006 08:31 PM

Good luck y'all and stay safe.

Christine B 10-07-2006 01:48 AM

Can't believe that I am about to type this but...... that was a wonderful post. Best of luck and be safe to you TDWW.

AJ52 10-07-2006 01:08 PM

Good Post TD (Man - that was hard to type)

DougMD 10-07-2006 04:18 PM

That WAS a good post. But you got one thing wrong, the best sound is the sound of deer footfalls in the leaves just as it gets light enough to see in the morning!

JoeRE 10-07-2006 05:17 PM

I love those sounds but what really gets me is the smell of those leaves in the fall, not this weekend for me but ah maybe next. The best to you all.