Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 CWD-SPREAD BY SALIVA-BE CAREFUL >

CWD-SPREAD BY SALIVA-BE CAREFUL

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CWD-SPREAD BY SALIVA-BE CAREFUL

Old 10-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CWD-SPREAD BY SALIVA-BE CAREFUL

I just got back from Wyoming huntingantelope inzone 39 about 45 minutes fromWheatlandand saw one doe that appeared to have CWD.I can't 100% confirm it but it had fur missing on its back, ribs were showing and its mouth stayed wide open with the tounge hanging out. When I asked my guide about it he said he glassed the same deer and thought the same thing. The thing that gets my goatis this, they have had a research facility in the valley for awhile now and they do CWD research there. They still have someanimals in the pens and I asked my guide if it was an area that had a high instance of CWD and he said yes. My next question was why the heck isn't it double fenced and he said "yeah you think it would be" and he thought that is why the CWDrate in that area was real high. He also worked for Game and wildlife. I really wanted to put that doe out of its missery and dig it a deep deep holebut legally Icouldn't. Its time to realize this: Spreads mouth to mouth, anus to mouth, fecal, bodily fluids and if they keep messing around and injecting it into other animals and infecting them (pigs, cows, mice ect ect...)thus forcing the damn stuff to mutate they are pushing it closer to infecting humans to! Fact is that we shouldalways assume it can and will spread and you can catch it to be safe. Another thing you should worry about is taking your meat to a proccesor that has cut CWD deer! They say itsonly in the glands, brain and spine! another BS story! You mean to tell me its doesn't flow through the blood stream? How did it get to other parts of the body osmosis? Bullsh*!SoMr. butcher bones out your deer and cuts through the armpit glands DUH don't you think it is on the knife ready to cut the next piece of meat? And all in all who knows they have tested all the strains of CWD? It ony takes one deer to have something the slightest bit different about it to make this thing propagate to another specie. Really though its just my 2 cents.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Southern Man

A report by anti hunting media and anti gun media.
My thoughts also ,have you ever watched the interaction of deer in the wild .They sniff each other on the nose and lips ,lick each other so that lets the bait out of the trap .
Old 10-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

With all due regard Chicken John is that why when they put deer in the same pen with infected deer the uninfected deer catch it? Oh I get it they are sharing dirty drug needles! Or maybe they are patching eachothers wounds and splilling blood on on another! Dude don't you guys get it IT IS PASSED ON TO ANOTHER BY SALIVA AND FECAL MATTER, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY IT IS BEING TRANSMITTED!! The anti's have nothing to due with this and its up to us to do something about it. Do you guys read about this stuff?? It stays in the fecal matter one the ground in the woods, fields, praries for years. Why due you this the hot spots and eradication zonesin Wisconson keep gettinginfected/affected? Like I have said in the past once it hits the east coast where the heards are 50 deer per square mile it is not going to be pretty. I am not a sky is falling kind of person but this my frieds can effect all of us. NUFF SAID
Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

Also look at the way disease works. Itprays upon the weekness on the host: People were infected by aids how? Yep our weakness towards sex. The deer are being effected the same way because there maincommunication skill is determined by smell and touching.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Spike

Actually the issue about prions in the microbiology community is still being debated. However, BSE (cows) and Scrappie (sheep)is transmitted through fecal matter and saliva in live animals. It is tramitted to humans through infected spinal and nervous tissue. CWD is a cousin of both and is hypothasized to be transmitted the same way. Also studdies show that prions can be dormant in contaminated soil for years and also survive partial cremation. Anti's or not, putting deer in an area where an infected animal has been ups the chance of transmission, now in the wild the tramsmission rate would be low because of the concentration of infected material being spread out. In a pen the chance of transmission would be high because of the concentration in that area. Stopping people from baiting would do no good since deer congregate at food plots and other forms of food. The problem is that it only takes one animal to infect a herd and then the whole herd needs to be disposed of.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

Jim B, as you know being from the S. East and me from the N. Eastthe deer are basiclly in one big enclosure with numbers being as high as they are.I don't know about where your from but our deer deficate on game trails so much so that I often take a stick and have to clean my boots when I get home. I don't buy into the you can only catch it from spinal and brain matter. Would you eat a backstrap from an infected cow?At some point the inceftion had to spread by blood stream but maybe just in small amounts. What I don't understand is the def ear some people tend to turn to you when you start talking about it. It is a real big problem. The doe I saw running with what appeared to be CWD in Wy was with 13 other does. I bet that at leasta fewof those doe's catches it from the other sick one. I think we should start assuming worse things thensaying we don't know. Caution never hurt anybody but throwing it to the wind did. My biggest thing is thisid those three huntersthat caught CJT get a mutated form of it from wild game? To many things point to the fact that we can catch it.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think they really know all the ways that CWD can be transmitted. Saliva looks like it may be one way, but it seems I remember reading about some healthy deer that were put in a pen that some CWD deer had been in seven years prior. There had been no deer in the pen for the entire time, yet seven years later the healthy deer became infected with CWD. One thing for sure, the prions are tough son of a guns, freezing nor heat affects them.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: NJheadhunter71

With all due regard Chicken John is that why when they put deer in the same pen with infected deer the uninfected deer catch it? Oh I get it they are sharing dirty drug needles! Or maybe they are patching eachothers wounds and splilling blood on on another! Dude don't you guys get it IT IS PASSED ON TO ANOTHER BY SALIVA AND FECAL MATTER, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY IT IS BEING TRANSMITTED!! The anti's have nothing to due with this and its up to us to do something about it. Do you guys read about this stuff?? It stays in the fecal matter one the ground in the woods, fields, praries for years. Why due you this the hot spots and eradication zonesin Wisconson keep gettinginfected/affected? Like I have said in the past once it hits the east coast where the heards are 50 deer per square mile it is not going to be pretty. I am not a sky is falling kind of person but this my frieds can effect all of us. NUFF SAID
no sir I said deer in the wild ,there is a difference than in a pen .When the diease gets in the dirt its there to stay .
Old 10-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

I have an idea that will give us the answer once and for all. I don't want to sound to over the top about this but whatif you took a willing person thatwas terminally illand they letthe scientist do some tests on them. If pigs and mice can get it by injectionI'm pretty darn sure that if you were exposed toinfected fluid directly to your brain I bet my retirement pension the test subject human would getit thus speeding up the whole specie jumping barrier. One other theory I have is thattheincubation period in humans is much slower which means it will not show up in mostuntil your late 50's to 70's (just like alzhiemers) which they saycan show up if you have a brain scan way before the symtoms show up.This may bedo to the factthat ofouraging process and longer life cycle than cervids. Again, I don'twant people to think the sky is falling but..........
Old 10-12-2006, 11:39 PM

CWD is for real but if you dont see antis in that colum look again.One more thing it is every sportsmans responsabily to shoot any animal that is clearly terminal sick.Then let the buzzards and possums do there job.Before anyone says then the buzz and possums will have CWD it would be impossible for them to catch it.

Quick Reply: CWD-SPREAD BY SALIVA-BE CAREFUL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.