Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to lock up this deer cam.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default How to lock up this deer cam.

I got a Stealth Cam that I am really worried about getting stolen, seen a vehicle parked on the edge of my place for a while scoping the place out I think.

Anyway, it has a lock on the case. But a strap goes through the back and I was gonna get a piece of 1/8 thick heavy steel and put it through the back where the strap normally goes and use 2 locks and a chain to attach it all. But really if someone wanted to steal it, they could cut right through the thin plastic on the back.

I also thought about drilling a hole in the back of it and using a bolt to attach it to a tree and then lock the front cover, but Im sure moisture might get in the cam.

I dunno what to do to prevent this from getting stolen.

Any suggestions
Old 09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How to lock up this deer cam.

It's sucks to worry about your hard earned $$ out in the woods, but honestly...if someone wants something bad enough, they'll get it. Very sad, but true. The best you can do is lock it up using some type of cable system just to keep the honest people...a bit more honest.

This is what I'm using on my trail cams. But it still doesn't matter. If someone wanted it, they could just cut right through it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-NEW-Master-Lock-Python-Security-Lock_W0QQitemZ160035555404QQihZ006QQcategoryZ11896 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-28-2006, 09:16 PM

You can buy a security box from a department store for $10. 2 eye bolts, 2 hasps. Take the box and cut holes in the front to match the sensor, lens, and flash, on the cam. Drill a hole on each side for the eyebolts. Those are for a ratchet strap to attach the box to a tree. Attach a hasp on top and on the bottom. Also, drill holes on each side, just above the eyebolts. That`s for a python cable to go through. Then camo tape the entire box. When finished you`ll have a lock on top, and 1 on the bottom. Plus the lock that comes with the box. Then take 2 eye screws and put them inside of the door on each side. Your cam goes in between. Then you need a small bungee cord to hold the cam in place.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:22 PM

That pic of the box, is how a friend of mine makes his. I make mine a little different. He puts his cable through the eye bolts and I don`t. Plus,I use hasps on top and bottom. It gives you an idea of how we make ours.