Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poison Ivy

Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Spike

Default Poison Ivy

I'm typically allergic to this stuff. And I've had it on my leg since Saturday but it's not spreading and it doesn't really itch that bad... I put on some Zanfill last night to make sure there no more of the oil on my body or the affected area. Has it been long enough to determine if it will spread? I hope so, I don't want anymore of it!!!

Sorry for posting this here, but I didn't know where else to post it.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Poison Ivy

Treatment for Poison Ivy Rash

Many plant-lovers are curious about treatment for poison ivy rash that involves natural remedies. This article begins with a look at one such remedy, before moving on to information for medical treatment. Links are provided to information on medical treatment for the rash caused by poison ivy written by professionals:
Treatment for Poison Ivy Rash
Old 09-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

not sure if its been long enough but i know that stuff SUCKS! i got it for the first time ever this summer and man it was terrible! turned black in some small spots!!! i used zanfel, ivydry, rubbing alcohol and urine even. nothing worked. it finally went away after i stopped puttin stuff on it!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:17 PM

I am not expert but I would think that since it is not itching and spreading that it is in the process of petering out.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can notspread poison ivy/oak/sumac once you wash the sap "urushiol" off of your skin. Urushiol is the chemical that causes the allergic reaction. You may doubt this but it's true. It only takes other places of you body toreact longer due to several factors. You can spread it only if you come in contact with the urushiol oil (for example:you get it hanging a tree stand..then get in your truck..touch the steering wheel with it. Go home..shower..change clothes..drive to the store in your truck and touch the steering wheel).

After you leave the woods, get out of your clothes and shower ASAP...especially if you're sensitive to the reaction.

Also, scratching the rash (or blisters in bad cases) will not spread it to other parts of your body.

Just a little info. Also, a cool little fact: The first time you come in contact with these plants, you rarely get a rash. It takes your body time to build up a reaction (the rash itself)..so it's usually the 2nd time you contact the allergic oil.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Look up Jewelweed and use it....it works.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:12 AM

You're 100% correct on the Jewelweed!!! It works great....and super fast!!! I just picked a load of it down by the Cosatot a few days ago and boiled down enough for 6 medicine bottles full for in the fridge. And I packed vacumn bags 16 inches long full of it and vacumn sealed it and put it in the freezer for future use. Can't get it in the winter here but it grows near the creeks and rivers in the summer months here in Arkansas. That beautiful orange liquid it makes when boiled down works like a champ!!!!! A buddy of mine boils it and pours it into ice cube trays and when he needs it he just grabs a cube and wipes it on the area...works great also. Jewelweed is the medicine the big companies don't want anyone to know about....they'd go out of business..... By the way, the orange flowers are the best to use. The yellow seems to be a little weaker...but that's just my opinion. Hope this helps anyone with poison oak, ivy, sumac, even chiggers and bites it seems to take the itch away like magic.....God's answer to poison rashes..... and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!!!!! It's FREE!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 02:57 PM

i recently just had a bad case of poisen ivy and it got soo bad thati had to go to the er. it was all over my face and stomach and itjustsucked.
i ended up gettin some steroids and atibiodics for it but i would rcamend this stuff called "ivy dry". it works really good
Old 09-27-2006, 06:42 PM

I get poison ivy several times every year.

Like you, it's usually small areas and doesn't itch too bad. I simply sit in a tub with water as hot as I can stand. After you're pruned up, get out and rub the area hard with a terry cloth towel. The blisters will break and eventually dry out.

Sounds crazy, but works fast and doesn't cost anything.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deerhunter6702

i recently just had a bad case of poisen ivy and it got soo bad thati had to go to the er. it was all over my face and stomach and itjustsucked.
i ended up gettin some steroids and atibiodics for it but i would rcamend this stuff called "ivy dry". it works really good
for me the ivy dry only got rid of the itch it never made it go away.

Quick Reply: Poison Ivy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.