Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Keeping your feet warm.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

I have pretty good circulation and use Muck boots during hunting and ice fishing season here in Vermont. I use woody max boots for hunting and arctic pros for ice fishing and never get cold feet.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I have pretty good circulation
This one. This is one of the key points. So if you have any problems with circulation, then try to fix this. If you're ok with that, then I recommend you to check info at sources like GearHunt, The Outdoor Land, Under The Open Sky etc.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default circulation is a good point

Originally Posted by nathangraham
This one. This is one of the key points. So if you have any problems with circulation, then try to fix this. If you're ok with that, then I recommend you to check info at sources like GearHunt, The Outdoor Land, Under The Open Sky etc.
I fall in the latter category of bad circulation; have for years. I use the Rangers when I'm in the East on flat mushy ground and waterproof Loggers when hitting the hills and valleys in the far West and back-country snowmobiling..

YMMV

REM7600

Last edited by REM_7600; 05-25-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

First thing is a wind break of some sort. My feet rarely get cold, when it is way cold out I have two wool Army blankest sewn together in an *L* easy in easy out. My Meindl boots are good to around -15.

I've found if I keep my kidneys,neck and head warm the extremities usually take care of themselves.

I can recommend German Army Tankers coverall liners (surplus). A layer of long johns, then the Tanker liners then the insulated coveralls, good to zero. Below zero I add synthetic sweat pants and a wool sweater. The thing about the coveralls and liner is you can open the zipper to vent them. Socks are always double wool. The liners pass moisture but trap air, they rally work out well for me and they are cheap.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:24 AM
Spike

wool socks and dry shoes,damp shoes in the evening freeze me to death, my feet sweat alot
Old 10-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

My feet get cold when stand hunting. Last year I used warmers. I used to think they were band aid for the wrong boot.

I have wanted to try bunny boots. I did go back to iceman last year, after hunting. But still got cold plowing snow with light socks.

I realize some guys like to brag about going barefoot in ice cubes. But not me.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:07 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Keep them toes warm

I prefer to wear one pair of cotton socks and another pair of wool (or alpaca) socks over them. A lot of people say that cotton makes your feet sweat, but my feet sweat regardless and this has been my go-to for over a decade. Make sure they are not too tight or you risk cutting off circulation and your feet will get cold quick.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 AM
Spike

I use the ThermaCELL rechargeable foot warmers. They have a remote you keep in your pocket, when I'm walking I click the no heat setting so my feet don't sweat.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:36 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RWK
Get a 20 yr. old lady to rub your feet.
If that happens some thing more will happen.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the best things I've ever dont is to buy 1 size boot larger than i normally wear,

Quick Reply: Keeping your feet warm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.