Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SHED HUNTING

Old 09-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default SHED HUNTING

Ok I have to ask everyone which this has always bothered me every year I put about30 hrs plus into shed hunting and have never found a deer shed and have found many elk sheds where i hunt in Idaho, but in michigan where i live i have never found one and you wouldnt belive the bucks i see and kill every year i average1 130 class deer every year and still no shed. please your input is much wanted
Old 09-20-2006, 12:20 PM

Default RE: SHED HUNTING

Keep an eye on the bucks all winter all the way up the point when they drop, then go walk the area where they were when they dropped. Should work. Another possible problem you might be having is that other people are getting in there before you on horses and sleds and cleaning all the easy to find sheds before you get there.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

depending no where u hunt in michigan, if u r in the UP, then the deer might be in their winter yards when they drop their antlers, and they wont be dispersed through the entire woods like they might be in an area w/o such severe winters where the deer dont yard up.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

No im in southeast lower so its not like in the UP
Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your not alone cowboy4513

I shed hunt in my area as well and I have notfound one yet , Isee bucksevery year and I follow thier trails to where they bed but no such luck.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:37 PM

I find many each year,,, I look to bedding areas and my special spots are little but steep ravines/trenches and fences, places where they may jump and jar their head a little...I am not sure if it is coincidence or theres something to it, but thats where I find most of mine...
Old 09-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes i understand that but i hunt flat land lol and i dont know why i grid off all of my property and just walk it for hours.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey cowboy4513

I just noticed a couple of things : first is you just joined the forums and second in a earler post you said that your in southeast lower Michigan.
Well let me welcome you to the forums and tell me where about in southeast lower Michigan are you.
I'm in Washtenaw County but I hunt between Chelsea and Stockbridge off of 52.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

well thank you and I am in livingston county right on M 59 and US 23

Old 09-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool any time you wanna hook up and do alittle hunting let me know.

Quick Reply: SHED HUNTING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.