HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   moultrie 1.3 problem (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/156856-moultrie-1-3-problem.html)

eddie_v21 09-18-2006 04:39 PM

moultrie 1.3 problem

ok i have had the moultrie 1.3 from wal mart about a year now and it had done fine.i just bought a 6volt battery charger and two rechargable batteries for it and for some reason im not getting but 1 day of battery life and i have no idea why.one of the batteries was amoultrie and the other was a garrity.the moultrie lasted one day and took 0 pics and i put my recharged garrity in and went back just to see how it was and guess what,dead again after 1 day and 0 pics.anyone know what the problem could be because it really aggrevates the crap out of me.

one on one 09-18-2006 07:08 PM

RE: moultrie 1.3 problem

not really for sure, when you put the battery in and set to auto does the battery life read 99%.if so, let it get set to ready and take a few pics and see what happens,wish i could help more, good luck.

petrey10 09-18-2006 10:33 PM

myrechargeables were bad like that too....i junked them and just by the batteries in 4 packs at walmart

eddie_v21 09-19-2006 04:19 AM

well the moultrie battery hadnt been recharged yet(out of the pack)and died in a day.yea after i have recharged them they read 99%.one on one i have tried that,i set the cam up in my den and took pics about a half a day and seemed to have no problem with the battery but outside its a different story.although sometimes the cam froze up for some reason.ill be calling moultrie today.

BTBowhunter 09-19-2006 05:50 AM

Soundds like you found the problem. Most rechargeables need to be charged even when new. I have two Moultrie rechargeables and so far, they are working just fine.

Got this guy a couple of days a go. He's still young but think of his potential!

kevin1 09-19-2006 09:10 AM

Mine does the same thing , with a brand new $2 dry cell battery I get about a week . Oh well , at least I have a back up battery for my spin feeder now ... ;)

BDC 09-19-2006 10:37 AM

I have had two of the rechargeable batteries and both will not hold a charge after 3 mos. use.

When I first started using them they were great. Slowly, though, they began not to last as long. First, they would last a week. Then five days, three days, etc.

I just went back to using a duracell. I still only get about a weeks use.

fetzeriiif 09-19-2006 03:14 PM

I had the same problem, but with non-rechargable batteries. Since I've switched to rechargables, theylast for over two weeks and alot of pictures.

retrieverman 09-19-2006 05:09 PM

I have been using game cameras for about 10 years now and have had several film models (Moultrie included) and digitals (never a moultrie). In that time, I have found that, like most any electronics, you get what you pay for. I would take the Moultrie back to WalMart for a refund and try another brand. I am not a fan of Cuddeback myself, but friends have had good luck with them. If you want the tried and true best, go with a Camtrakker. I keep mine out year round and have never had a "hiccup". My 2 cents.

eddie_v21 09-19-2006 05:55 PM

so as soon as you buy a rechargable it needs to be charged?i cant figure out though why it is reading 99% and dying within a day and not even taking a single picture.