Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pist off

Old 11-11-2002, 06:49 AM

Default Pist off

Howdy,

This weekend was unbelievable. I called in a whopper ten point and a small twig a 1/4 inch thick sent my arrow right under his belly. I still climbed down and examined my arrow. Now for the real question.
I had to piss and the jug was in the tree. I was'nt going to make it climbing 25ft. I pissed at the base of my tree. Please tell me I have'nt blown it this season. Will I have to move to a new location?
Go ahead and let me have it.

Old 11-11-2002, 06:59 AM

Default RE: Pist off

Your going to get different answers to this. Kind of the same thing happened to me acouple of weeks ago. I was out hunting (on the ground)and forgot to bring my jug. Well i had to go so I did. I thought that would be it for the day .About a half hour later 2 doe's and a small buck came within about 20 yards of me. Deer are very curious animals. The only thing about pi$$ing on the ground is that they may spook alot easier. You might want to stay away from that spot for a couple of days or until you get some rain
Old 11-11-2002, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

You'll be fine. I have read articles that say pi$$ can actually appeal to the curiousity of deer.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

It will not hurt a thing.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 11-11-2002, 10:12 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. Next time, move away from your tree and maybe make a mock scrape and go there. If it does atract them, you don't want them directly under your tree.

Hunting is a right, treat it like a priviledge - respect nature
Old 11-11-2002, 11:06 AM
Spike

I pee from my stand all the time,and it sure doesnt stop the deer from coming by my area.I dont think you have anything to worry about.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:26 AM

Nothing is wrong. I actually killed a spike last year directly under my stand that was sniffing the ground where I had peed. I also killed a doe that was checking out the spot where I was spitting tobacco. Deer are curious.

RYAN SMITH
Old 11-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-11-2002, 08:32 PM

You can be sure that by releaving your self at the base of your tree will not effect the deer, as far as them coming with in your area.

In fact if any thing the deer will find it courious and possibley come into smell it.

Ya, come in a smell it. This has happened to me on more than one occation. I have urinated near my stand and watched deer walk by... stop and smell it!

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 11-12-2002, 07:34 AM
bjk

I would be much more concerned about the near hit...that buck will be a bit wiser and more cautious in that area (anywhere, really)...about relieving yourself, don't worry. I killed a 7pnt over a mock scrape made by me...forgot my scent bottles...killed him while he was sniffing the scrape...