Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Wife

Old 09-14-2006, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Your Wife

She's not my wife...yet, but I can't complain about her not supporting my hunting. Just this morning when we woke up, she rolled over and the first thing she said was..."just think honey...this time tomorrow you'll be hunting"...and gave me a kiss. She is very understanding and genuine about her support of my hunting. If need be, she helps me track deer. She always comes and takes pictures, helps me skin them and get them into the cooler to hang/age. Two weeks later she's there with me to process the meat and help me make sausage, jerkey, steaks, etc... She's not much into eating the deer, but the rest of it she's good about.
On the flip side...if there are things that she needs or wants to do...I support that just as much. I go with her to family events, shopping, etc. Every now and then I even cancell a day of hunting to go and do something that she has mentioned wanting to do...or to just stay in bed and at home with her to catch up on lost time due to hunting.
It works out very well.
Oh, and it never hurts to tell her how much I appreciate her support and understanding.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Spike

I've only been married for five months now, but she knows who I am. I pushed the envelope during college by hunting my a#% off. I just "happened" to go to school an hour from our hunting camp thats over eight hours from home. Well my last semester at school I spent more time at camp then on campus. She was the one who suggested we go to cabelas last weekend. Everytime we've been there we'll spend more on her than me and it also helps that her favorite winery is right across the road. Its harder for me to get out on the weekends since I work second shift and she works days, but as long as I split my weekends with her and hunting she doesn't mind. Hopefully I can get her to start hunting with me or at least shooting archery. She gave me a goal for this fall to shoot animals that I can use to make her a fur muff and slippers with. She's a keeper.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:09 AM

Well I guess mine kinda knew what she was getting into when I came back from the honeymoon early for muzzle loading season. She has her things and I have mine and we kinda meet in the middle of the road. She only gets enraged when I start tapping into the budget for supplies or mounting.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine tells her friends that this time of year she becomes a "hunting widow". I'am going to try to get her in the woods for early ML season to see if she enjoys it or not.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

I'm blessed to have a wife that understands my love of hunting. She loves spending time with the kids while I'm off at the camp. They usually go to the video store, grab some popcorn and make a day of it. Like I said, I'm blessed to have her.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

There were no secrets before marriage. I left her for hunting when we were dating, and she still married me. 23 years later, I know now that she doesn't really like it, but she understands my passion. Just make sure you take care of her to, and all will be fine.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

PIMPIN AINT EASY
Old 09-23-2006, 08:21 AM

Mine dosen't get to upset, or atleast she dosent show it to much. She is still in college so I think she likes the study time. How ever she does get ticked of when I buy more equipment.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:33 AM

My wife hunts with me during gun season. She absolutely loves it. And she doesn't mind one bit when I go during archery season. I guess I am just a lucky guy.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is pretty understanding about me and my hunting...
Maybe not so much my mounts I collected over the years,(I've only got one on the wall in our current residence)The rest are with familly members...

After all she asked me out...
Of course it wasn't like it used to be when I was single, but marrying my wife and having raising kids is something truly awsome....
We are already fishing together, hunting is just a matter of wait...

I've never had "The Guts" to say this phrase to my wife,
Especially after she's been at home by herselfand our 3 kids..
But after a hard hard 10-14 day back pack hunt...
"I feel I need a vacation!!!!!!!!!...."

Quick Reply: Your Wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.