Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Wife

Old 09-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Your Wife

My wife's perspective - "you hunt all the time and that's all you do"
Reality - I get to go out may be 3 time a year. Once or twice for dove either all day or 1/2 day, 2-3 days for deer, and may be a day for rabbits and or pheasant. This year I'm probably missing dove all together, but I'm going for grouse.

She hates guns and hates that I hunt, but she loves me enough that she lets me do it, which says a lot for the kind of person that she is. She definitely doesn't understand and definitely disagrees with it, but tolerates it.

I have 2 deer tags for 3rd rifle in mid Nov. Our 5th child is due in early Oct. I'm hoping that she's up to it and that I feel OK taking off for a few days with my oldest son (1 son, 4 daughters). Luckily my kids like the steaks and chorizo I make. My wife won't touch it.

She definitely does her part and I can't complain, but I sure wish she'd come around.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife looks forward into getting me out of her hair. And says she can't wait till it opens. But understand I hunt everyday of the deer season and go to 3 different states form Oct,16 till New Years day. And she gets pretty tierd of it by Thanksgiving and starts complaning but shes a trooper we will be married 33 years this Jan 3 so she's been going through it for a while.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was going to tell ya to trade her in but if she allows you to do what you want, when you want, with in reason ,lol and it's not harming your marriage....then she's a keeper.......there are those evil females out there that wouldnt let you do anything but go shopping with them, lol....
Old 09-12-2006, 04:50 PM

mine used to hunt with me, before the kids..
she kinda gets mad cuz i get to go and get out of the house..

she'll do her part when is needed.. i field dress and quarter , she cuts up, wrap and freezes..the best of all she'll cook and eat it with us..

this is my sons first year and she gave me carte blanche with credit card for him.. gees wished i didn't have everything..
very good woman for 17 years..

Old 09-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine gets mad at me b/c she doesn't get to hunt as much as me. Its great to be in the woods w/her. We put up stands together and everything. For my first deer this year she wanted to gut it....... too many flies and wasps so I got in there to speed things along, its great to have a second set of hands. The only bad thing is my equipment gets raided, my deer rifle (semi-custom6.5mauser) was the worst but I got over it.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

My wife saves her vacation for deer season and hunts with me. Always has except a few years that she was just to PG. The kids hunted with us as well. I met my wife many years ago out shooting prairie dogs. I have known her since I was 9 and she was 6. Her whole family hunted, all eleven of them and the parents.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

The better part of me doesn't have a problem with me going hunting.
In fact theres been some times that she's happy to see me go.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some of you said your wife "LETS" you go. Look down twinx your legs. Hopefully what you see means you dont have to ask to go hunting or anywhere else for that matter.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Been married almost 28 years so there is no problem.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

huh? did someone say something?

Quick Reply: Your Wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.