Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lucky Hunting buddies

Old 09-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lucky Hunting buddies

Does anybody else have a friend who never seems to kill a deer but always sees them? I have a friend that everytime we hunt I ask him well did you see anything and he is like yeah a doe. Everytime he hunts.. If it is either sex hunting he is like yeah I seen one but it was running and couldnt get a shot and about twice a year he sees a monster that he couldnt get a perfect shot..
Old 09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lucky Hunting buddies

had one today tell me that
Old 09-12-2006, 05:40 AM

I have a family member that seems to see more deer than anyone else and hardly ever fills his tag. Couldn't get a shot off, deer hidden behind a tree,,,,too far away,,,deer running. etc.....we have all heard them

I do see a lot of deer where I hunt, mostley does and by the end of the season I can recognize the deer as I know I am seeing the same deer over and over most of the time. I had 2 does 1 fawn and a button buck visit my stand every morning 45mins after sunrise every day last year for the first 2 weeks of the season, on the 2nd saturday I took a decent 7point.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I work with a guy that has managed to see 16 pointers for the last 10 seasons in a row but can never seem to seal the deal. yeah right i say
Dan
Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

That's like the fishermen who always tell you about the big ones that got away!

Seems like your buddy is good at paper Targets and knows nothing about Technique and Skills.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

That is what my brother in law always said about me last year.Now let me tell you we hunt just about every day of the season we are lucky that our jobs allow us to but any way like iwas saying when opening morning come around we went to our usual hunting grounds and after we got done he didn't see anything and i told him that i saw a real good a8 point but could not get a shot on him so he believed me then.well we kept hunting and iit seemed like i would see that buck at least once every 3 days of hunting but he would always be running or to far or behind some brush and i kept telling my brother in law about it and he finaly quit believing me and ignored it.until one day i connected with the monster he field dressed 190 lbs and we green scored him at 150 and i dont know about you but in east tn that is a nice buck.but any way that finaly shut him up for good and when i say i see a good buck now he believs me.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:58 PM

when you have a friend like that it's best to give him a good ol pat on the back and say, don't give up someday you'll get em', and then give a goodol grin ear to ear...
Old 09-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of my friends always goes out deer hunting, every year. He always sees many deer. Never shots one. I don't think he wants to kill one.

And ya know what? I'm fine with that.

Any time ya got a date with Mother Nature is cool, right?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:16 AM
Fork Horn

I've got a friend kind of like that, but he doesn't say he sees alot of them. Thing with him is, he has shot one buck in 10 yrs on our hunting lease/club. I'm pretty new to the club, but the other guys say he just likes coming out to the place. He has a nice box blind, built like a house, about 8'X8', stocked with crackers, vienna sausages and other snacks. The club is his social activity, as he is about 50 yrs old, has never been married, and just likes being out there. Ok with me, just leaves more for us. He does take a little ribbing sometimes.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:25 AM

Ive got one buddy who sees deer every time out,, im hunting the same farm and I see a deer maybe once every 4 sits. He also buys 5 or 6 tags every year,, he hasnt filled one of those tags in the last 3 years!

Quick Reply: Lucky Hunting buddies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.