Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how to bring deer to daylight?? >

how to bring deer to daylight??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how to bring deer to daylight??

Old 09-07-2006, 08:05 PM

Default how to bring deer to daylight??

I have my new cuddeback trailcam set up about 20-30 yards down the treeline from my tree stand....i have pictures of 3 different really good bucks and some does.....only problem is...they are all between 1 and 3am....with less than a month away to bow season here in Michigan i need to figure out how i can get these boys to cross my path during daylight! right now i have no food or bait of any kind..they are just naturally passing by....i am hunting a forest edge...behind me is about 20-30yds of woods leading back to the river..and in front of me is potato field...with corn fields about 80-100yds to my right...and a good 800-900 yds to my left....any suggestions on how to pull em into daylight for bowhunting? once shotgun season starts they hide and i won;t see em...i know this because this is the same deer i have seen in my trailcams for a few years now..he's a smart one....in the pictures his hair is even grey!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how to bring deer to daylight??

Make 3-4 mock scrapes about 30 yards apart each,and keep them fresh.

Locate them between the area you're seeing the bucks and the closest heavy cover/bedding area.

Then hunt the area hard.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like ths78 said make some mock scrapes close to your stand and keep it fresh by using a daytime dripper .
Wildlife Research makes them and you should be able to get one at your local sporting goods store.
They even have a package deal where you buy the Active Scrap and the daytime dripper you get a little book about making mock scrapes.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Site Buck Guru

If possible, move down the direction they are headed, then they'll get to your stand later.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Are you seeing any does? That will be the key when the rut kicks in.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:22 PM

They make those feeders that only open during the day..that may be able to ween the deer to passing later on or justfind the bedding area.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:30 PM

what is on the other side of the river? and where is the bedding at?
Old 09-09-2006, 05:17 AM

feeder is out of the question due to the fact that it would be right in the farmers way...and we hunt someone elses property and the farmers have first rights.....i am not sure of the bedding areas...other side of the river is just like this side..small strip of woods lines the river and then fields....and yes i am getting does on my cam as well
Old 09-09-2006, 06:40 AM

I Like everyones mock scrape idea, but I feel what you are thinking! I have alot of pics just like this one! For you guys that say the mock scrape idea, how much do they cost for the daytime dripper and how much to maintain and keep filled?

Old 09-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

wow those are some nice bucks

Quick Reply: how to bring deer to daylight??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.