Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 So, what do you think of Ted Nugent? >

So, what do you think of Ted Nugent?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
He Rocks!!
38.24%
Wished he could sing as good as he hunts..
7.35%
Wished he hunts as good as he sings..
1.47%
Would rather watch Elmer Fudd...
16.18%
Sometimes a bit overbearing..
36.76%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

So, what do you think of Ted Nugent?

Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: So, what do you think of Ted Nugent?

Biography for Ted Nugent (I)
Old 09-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

and hes a strong patriot
What did he do when it was his tim to steo up and go in the Army?
Educational deferment, something he has stated he regrets, but which was quite common in the 60's. He has since received commendations from the Army for his service to them as a citizen.

Are you of the opinion that only those who have served in the military are patriots?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Educational deferment
Where did you get that from?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:56 PM

I think hes great for hunting....most of the time. and I like some of his music. Overall I agree with him, but sometimes he can be a bit intense
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Educational deferment
Where did you get that from?
Googled upan interview he did with a British guy some years ago. He kept referring to the guy as a Limey...
Old 09-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Dominant Buck

[/size][/color]Ted Nugent[/size][/color]

[/size][size=-1]The image says it all - all image: our hero stands in combat attire, equipped with not just one, but two phallic symbols. Do we detect a hint of insecurity regarding manhood here? Standing in front of a band of cartoon brothers, he rests his boot on Saddam Hussein’s posterior. And yes, that flag is mounted on a spear. And yes, there is blood dripping from the tip of the spear. Mr. Nugent claims to be drug free, but if anyone has ever everdosed on bloodthirsty jingoism, it’s him. Born in 1948, there’s no way this bad boy would have missed a chance to kill for his country, right?

According to a widely-circulated account which we’ve never seen refuted, here’s how Mr. Nugent dodged the draft. "He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. ‘... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody.’” -- Detroit Free Press Magazine, July 15, 1990
Old 09-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

So teds a draft dodger? Isnt that ironic.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rebel Hog: Here's the other version of what he says happened:

At 18, he was called up to serve in Vietnam. "In 1977 you gave an interview to High Times [the cannabis user's journal of record] where you claimed you defecated in your clothes to avoid the draft."
("I got 30 days' notice of the physical," Nugent told them. "I ceased cleansing my body. Two weeks before the test I stopped eating food with nutritional value. A week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. My pants got crusted up.")

"I never **** my pants to get out of the draft," says Nugent, good-naturedly.

"You also told them you took crystal meth [methamphetamine, the highly destabilising drug sometimes described as poor man's crack] before the medical - as a result of which, and I quote: 'I got this big juicy 4F.'"

"Unbelievable. Meth," he replies, in a tone of deep sarcasm. "Yes, that's my drug of choice. You've got to realise that these interviewers would arrive with glazed eyes and I would make stories up. I never did crystal meth. And I never pooped my pants."

"But you did dodge the draft." "I had a 1Y [student deferment]. I enrolled at Oakland Community College."
Here's a link to the entire interview:

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/features/article571538.ece
Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 AM

Ted is like any other person that get too full of themselves. Draft dodger or not, he is eccentric, but at least is supportive of sportmen/women.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:11 PM

HE IS A ROCKER AND A HUNTER. GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

Quick Reply: So, what do you think of Ted Nugent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.