Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Does Everyone Know about the "Inner Tenderloins"? >

Does Everyone Know about the "Inner Tenderloins"?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does Everyone Know about the "Inner Tenderloins"?

Old 08-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does Everyone Know about the "Inner Tenderloins"?

There is another ,smaller set of loins between the front shoulders too!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

I have always heard and consider those the "true" tenderloins. The others from the back along the spine are considered "back strap tenderloins". That's just what I was taught. And how I lable the pkgs. "tenderloin" or "backstrap". Love em both!! Dang my mouth is watering just thinking about it.....
Old 08-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

There is another ,smaller set of loins between the front shoulders too!
The ones between the hips are the tenderloins. Along the spine lies the backstrap. The one's along the rib cage are very small and we usually just eat them raw.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, the true tenderloin is the best piece of meat on a deer. Yummy, it always goes straight in the skillet. Ive yet to this date, frozen a piece.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:15 PM

i would agree they are the best part of the deer. I usually cut them into about 1/2 -3/4 inch medallions My wife loves that part of the deer and when we label our packages she puts her initials on them so I don't give them to anyone........LOL
great with butter S&P and some fried onions
Old 08-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NBDeerHunter

i would agree they are the best part of the deer. I usually cut them into about 1/2 -3/4 inch medallions My wife loves that part of the deer and when we label our packages she puts her initials on them so I don't give them to anyone........LOL
great with butter S&P and some fried onions
Boy, you got that right. I like to fry mine for only a few minutes. Its the mosst tender meat you ever had on the grill about med rare. Man, I'm starving now. I have a backstrap im gonna lay out tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Glad I am not the only one that cooks mine medium rare or rare! Just a little bit of salt and I am in heaven!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

best venison youll ever eat is tenderloin the night of the harvest. We slice them, i guess you would call them medallions. pan fry thm with butter, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. cook them really slow and they just fall apart in your mouth.

we have always just called them the tenderloin, and the backstraps we call the chops.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

We call em the fish. You won't believe how many people I ask if I can have them while they are pullin thier deer out. They say sure. I reach in there with my hand to get em out.
I pulled a nice 8 point out of the woods one day and came to the edge of the road and a real old timer stoped andasked if he could cut out the tongue. The thought of eating the thing grossed me out but I let him anyway. You should have seen the look on my buddies faces when I brought that bad boy into camp without a tongue.LOL
Old 08-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

umm dude.........the tenderloins are all on the inside and theres only 2.

Quick Reply: Does Everyone Know about the "Inner Tenderloins"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.