HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Gerber Tracking Light (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/153412-gerber-tracking-light.html)

timbercruiser 08-24-2006 09:38 PM

Gerber Tracking Light

I received my light yesterday afternoon, so to give it a try I went to the meat case at Wal-Mart hoping to get a pack of bloody beef liver, but the best I could find was a pint of chicken liver. I bought it thinking that blood is blood. The blood in the liver was watery. I took it out in the yard and made an 8 or so foot stream of the liquid. It had just finished raining on the grass. The light is basically four little blue lights and four little red lights. Using the light I could find no evidence of any kind of blood trail. I'll try and get some beef blood tomorrow and try again.

wayomic 08-25-2006 04:23 AM

RE: Gerber Tracking Light

Good, I was waiting to hear from someone about some real field testing before I spent $50 on a gadget.

Let us know how it really works.

DannyD 08-25-2006 03:21 PM

Hey timbercruiser,
I always appreciate someone that goes out of their way to actually field test a product.
I use chicken liver all the time for catfish and to tell you the truth i'm not sure it even looks anything like blood you would find on a deer bloodtrail. I'm not saying the product will work on deer blood but IMO the chicken liver isn't close enough.
The beef liver will be closer to what you are looking for so i am interested in your findings with that.

Good luck

Gadeerslayer 08-25-2006 07:22 PM

What's the final result ?

45 Cal Bill 09-02-2006 04:59 AM

yupper, i'm curious also

findings plz

timbercruiser 09-02-2006 07:33 AM

Maybe this link will work, it isn't but a couple of pages back:

www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1667873

LaHoytguy 09-02-2006 09:38 AM

humm, cant u just be a real man and cut yourself and see what it looks like then. Thats probably as close to deer blood as you can get.
Id do it, but I just dont have the light, lol. I did see a display about the light at bass pro shops, must have had 10 people around it looking at some demo they had. I didnt bother looking I am sure they can make it look as good as they want in a demo. I will be ok with out it.

DougMD 09-02-2006 04:31 PM

Go to BassPro.com, and search on Gerber Light. Click on it, and look at their video promoting it. Fast forward to about 2/3 through, and you can see that the regular white light shows the blood better than the "blood light." Seems like a waste of dollars to me!

ktbearpaws 09-02-2006 06:18 PM

Saw the same thang made by Winchester at walmart for 14.95$

timbercruiser 09-02-2006 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: LaHoytguy

humm, cant u just be a real man and cut yourself and see what it looks like then. Thats probably as close to deer blood as you can get.
Id do it, but I just dont have the light, lol. I did see a display about the light at bass pro shops, must have had 10 people around it looking at some demo they had. I didnt bother looking I am sure they can make it look as good as they want in a demo. I will be ok with out it.
If you will cut yourself deep enough I'll order another light and send it to you........:D