Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Theft

Old 08-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Theft

I think this is what arrowmaster is referring too. (note the attention to detail). Sorry but I don't spend all day in MS paint. It seems like a good idea. One cable and one lock. Just wrap it around a wrung on each section of the ladder stand.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:17 PM

Thanks Va Head Hunter!
Old 08-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Bearklr - such detail. Do you have any other artworkfor sale
just kidding,I could'nt resist.

Mike, I use nuts and bolts as well.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

even better than the screw in step's, ive used railway ties before, they are a foot long and you cant get them out, they are as safe as step,if the stand is in a good place put them in and take your stand down with you when you leave
Old 08-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

well on public land in ohio you cant use screw in steps only strap on
Old 08-22-2006, 10:01 PM

Mike,

In the past I've had a probelm with stands being stolen on game lands. I use a similar setup with stick ladders that come in three sections. I lock the bottom section to the tree with a cable- but when I leave at night or in the morning- I remove the wratchet strap...I've found its pretty difficult to climb this loose section and reach the strap to free the others. Its not much of a hastle reattaching a wratchet strap each time in and out- just takes an extra minute or two. Hope that helps...

-Jerry
Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

Run a 480v to it from the nearest power line. That should stop them.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

mbhutton the idea of railroad spikes is not a good idea. You are right, they are permanent, but if the timber is ever cut the spikes could be missed by the metal detectors in the sawmill and could cause serious/deadly injuries to the workers and will cause a lot of equipment damage.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:36 AM

im not a fan of the railroad spikes. for 1 its permenant and people can still climb up to snag your stand if they wanted to. also screw in steps are a pain to screw and unscrew every time. and most public lands i know around here wont let you screw or nail things into the trees. so again i think the best solution is just use a climber if you have any fears of theft. you bring the stand and go home with the stand plus as alot of us know a good bow stand may not be a good gun stand. as the seasons change and the weather changes and the food changes so do the deers patterns
Old 08-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont steal stand I compinsate stands illegaly placed on my land by other hunters who think they can get away with it.

Quick Reply: Theft

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.