Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

boring deer stands

Old 08-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: boring deer stands

In the late season is a great time for sunrire to sunset hunts. with a foot of snow on the ground and the temp on the low side of 0....but they dont have that weather in florida do they ive pulled a couple but dressing WARM has a new definition....
anyway i stay busy by visualising shots. every conceveable angle and senario I try to run through my mind. think of every little thing that can go wrong and what you would do in response. this takes a little practice but before you know it your adrenalin can start pumping just at the buck in your head. you can actually draw your bow if you are not afraid of movement but i rather just visualise that too. it is suprising how much more calm you feel when a brute does show up.

I also do exersises just by tensing different muscle groups for 30 seconds to a minute at a time this heightens alertness and prevents soreness, cramping etc..and just feels good and no movement is needed
Old 08-18-2006, 06:59 PM

I have handheld games and books.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:33 PM

For me, hunting is fun. The outdoors is fun. I need no entertainment, the beauty of nature is all I need to avoid boredom in the stand.

Respect.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Fork Horn

I honestly don't get bored, if I did I would probably give up deer hunting and go to a flea market or garage sailing. Maybe, stay home and watch it on TV.

If I'm deer hunting, I'm huntin' d2d. I'm diligent, alert, wide-eyed and bushy tailed. Don't want to miss nothin'...
Old 08-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whats TDWW deal with this respect thing, i find it kind of cocky and conceited if you ask me
Old 08-19-2006, 06:59 AM

Like Uncle Matt says, he's serving supersized B.S. sandwiches. Still trying to win the uncival war. He's great entertainment tho, with or without respect. 20 below keeps the riff-raff out, they all go south.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

BS sandwiches is right. Glad to know others feel same way, thought it was just me! Sometimes entertaining, sometimes NOT. Sometimes I prefer just plain old meat and potatoes. lol
Old 08-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dark to dark for me. My 5 biggest bucks have been between 11:00pm and 3:00pm. I guess that's incentive enough for me to stay alert all day/everyday.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:54 PM

From well before first light to after it's too dark to see for me.
I do take a small FM/TV/Weather radio for when the wind is so noisy you don't hear anything anyway. And theNWS stations let me keep tabs on any changes in weather that may effect the hunt.
(Actually just upgraded to a MP3 player but it still has the radio in it)
But even when listening to the radio my eyes stay on the woods so no books and such for me.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

During the rut is when I hunt dark to dark only. I like to break my 12hrhunts into three 4hr hunts. It makes it seemto go by more easily, at least mentally. Bringing food and drink isimperitive. Being hungry means being miserable.
I also remind myself that a great buck can show at any time during the rut, this also helps with the attitude.

Quick Reply: boring deer stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.