HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   hey Windwalker!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/152019-hey-windwalker.html)

CtHunter8 08-15-2006 05:11 PM

hey Windwalker!!!!

hey man you never told me about how you can tell the difference between a male fawn and a female fawn!!! Iwanna know if you dont mind :)

-Travis-

Windwalker7 08-15-2006 07:01 PM

RE: hey Windwalker!!!!

Buck fawns have the brighter slightly larger spots while doe fawns have duller faded looking spots.

I'll admit, some fawns are really hard to tell. It is easier when they are together to see yhe difference.

If you look at the fawns in this photo, you will notice the one fawn has slightly larger and brighter spots. That is the buck fawn.

CtHunter8 08-15-2006 07:07 PM

thanks buddy!!! that sure is interesting and a useful bit of info, thank you

-Travis-

Windwalker7 08-15-2006 07:15 PM

In the above photo, you can see the brighter slightly larger spots on the fawn in the back.

Now, here is another photo of a buck fawn from last year. This is the doe's last fawn from last year. It is a buck also.

He stayed around all last summer and winter. the last I saw him was early spring. He was growing his first antlers and had about 4 inches of growth.

You'll notice the brighter slightly larger spots here also.

As fall progresses and fawns start to gradually lose there spots, it will become more difficult to tell. It is much easier the younger they are.

Like I said, some fawns are really hard to tell, but if you see.

I've also noticed that down close to the belly, you willsee alighter coloring on buck fawns compared to doe fawns. It is hard to explain. I hope you see what I am talking about in the two photos.

CtHunter8 08-15-2006 07:22 PM

yeah I see exactly what you're talkin about. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. Thanks again

-Travis-

wis_bow_huntr 08-16-2006 05:08 AM

Wow. Gee. Thanks Mr. Obvious. I never made the connection. :D, Mr. Obvious........Youre a life saver.

fillae 08-16-2006 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Wow. Gee. Thanks Mr. Obvious. I never made the connection. :D, Mr. Obvious........Youre a life saver.
What exactly did you hope to achieve with this?

Windwalker7 08-17-2006 04:44 PM

???

Rebel Hog 08-17-2006 04:49 PM

cnapeswitchback 08-17-2006 09:40 PM

thats very good to know