Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting in Virginia

Old 08-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Hunting in Virginia

Great Post. Thank you
Old 08-16-2006, 07:35 AM

That post is just about the best summary in support of the issue I've ever seen. Do you mind if I use it in some correspondence I'm planning with the Governor, General Assembly and VDGIF?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Be my guest.

It has been sent to the members of the natural resources comittee and the Agriculture committee. I used it to help push their decision last year on the sunday hunting bills that were up for vote.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with that man. There's no legit reason to ban sunday hunting.It's just some of the anti-hunters trying to make up excuses. If you guys need any support or to sign a petition or anything, PM me. I hope they see it our way guys.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

TTT....

Guys, I just got into the newspaper (yet again ) with my crazy antics that I did last weekend at the Showplace Expo! Read Bill Cochran's column in todays Roanoke Times:

http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/billcochran/wb/xp-index

Butch A.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Viewed as one of the major hurdles to Sunday hunting, along with DGIF and the General Assembly, is the Virginia Deer Hunters Association, the sponsor of the Virginia Outdoor Sportsman Show. And that's where Ammon and other advocates set up the past weekend
I had to read this twice to make sure I read it correctly. I can't believe the VDHA is actually opposed to this, no wonder it's been hard to change if the hunters association themselves are opposed to it. Do most hunters in Virginia feel this way or is it a couple of leadership people in the association pushing their opinions on everyone else?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

MN Deerman... It's a loooooooooong story.

Visit here: http://www.vadeer.com (go to the top left and choose "Talk Forum")

And here: http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/f...splay.php?f=74

Yes, the VDHA is comprised of mainly deer dog hunters (you can hunt deer with dogs in VA, east of the Blue Ridge Mts). They are a very strong opponent and very powerful. For some reason that a majority of us can't figure out is why they don't want Sunday hunting. Theory is - they love dog hunting fear that the they will slowly loose the tradition of hunting with dogs, and somehow are lumping that in together with Sunday hunting.

Butch A.