Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers >

Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

Old 01-17-2002, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

i would try to find someone around with a tag to take the deer legally, if not i would put it out and leave mother nature to do what she does with the carcass. i know of a person that put an old buck out of its misery caught in a fence. it had 2 broken legs real skinny and so old it was almost all grey. very bad shape. he shot it and didnt move it until the game warden came out to look at it. he was made to tag the deer. he said he would do it again and end an animals suffering and just keep his mouth shut.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Some laws were made to be broken.

I would say to put it down, and keep quite about it!

Mother Nature can be rough on its creatures, but there is no need for it to suffer painfully.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:02 AM

I've seen enough cruelty in my life time to consider it the worst sin, or crime, that one may commit. I do not think it would be possible for me to walk away and leave the deer in that condition. I would also leave the deer lay. Converting any part of the deer to my use I feel would be wrong. I only hope that if I were in that condition, I could do as much for myself.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know know about the areas you guys live in, but around here, if there's an animal in that condition, most every person I know would put the animal down. And being worried about getting caught, would be the last thing on their mind, because they'd just shoot it and leave. And not many would care if they broke the law in this manner, because it's good ethics.
Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-20-2002, 10:07 AM

I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while to see some of the same people that said that using someone elses tag wether legal or illegal is poaching and that they would immediately turn in anyone doing ANYTHING even remotely wrong say on this post that they would shoot the deer and keep their mouth shut. Quite hypocritical. Now, that said, I would take pictures of the deer or videotape it in this bad condition, call the game warden one more time and let him know that i'm going out to put this animal out of it's misery and if he wants to help come on with. If not, he can fine me and take me to court. I'd fight that in court and the pictures and video would speak for itself.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-20-2002, 04:16 PM

Well, this same type of situation happened to me this year. I had already shot my doe, and filled my tag. A young fawn/doe walked down to me. She had been hit and her back leg was messed up REALLY bad. She could barely walk. She kept falling over and crying. It was a terrible sight. I new that the deer wouldn't make it so I pulled up and shot. I put it down. It was dead instantly. I told my grandfather and he called one of his friends who is a Game Commissioner. The man came out to pick up the deer. He told me that if it wasn't really badly infected he was going to give it the Farmers and Hunters Feed the Hungury. He told me that I did the right thing and he didn't care what the law said. I felt good knowing that I saved an animal a LOT of suffering. Some Game Commissioners will let you get away with it, because they have a heart. Others won't. The Game Commissioner and I both knew that I had did the right thing.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-20-2002, 04:45 PM
Host of Hosts

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>1 Deer definitaly suffering and aint going to make it
2 Its illegal and you could be prosecuted if caught.
3 Game Commission refused to help the landowner
4 th e landowner cant shoot it cause he cant buy a hunting license or possess a gun because of a domestic abuse order against him. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I would put the deer down! In this instance the law is wrong in my opinion!
Old 01-20-2002, 07:42 PM

Yep, the law isn't always right. Until you hear the sound of a fawn crying a death cry, you can't understand how wrong that law is.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-20-2002, 09:49 PM

I would probably shoot it and take a few pictures of it. If you got caught, I doubt a judge would convict you after seeing what condition it was in.

Edited by - Tim Clark on 01/20/2002 22:51:02

Quick Reply: Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.