Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

treestand blind

Old 08-13-2006, 11:34 AM

Default treestand blind

Anyone use one of these?? what are the pros and cons? got a chance too trade some waterfowl dekes I dont use for a new one of these. gets cold bowhunting in december and would also be nice for rifle season when it will definitely rain~

http://www.gooseview.com/deer%20river%20brand/deerriver_products_pages/skylodge_bowhunter.htm
Old 08-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: treestand blind

Seems like that would be kinda awackward and toublesome to lug around but I geuss once you got set up it might be alright.
It looks like it would stick out like a sore thumb not to mention restricting your shots just to those open areas.
Then you got those big black holes that would spook a deer if it happen to look at it.
In my opinion I don't thinkthat I would use it.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Dominant Buck

If you left it up much of the time for them to get used to seeing it I could see that being a sweet set up , I despise getting rained on . It looks awkward for carrying around though when you combine it with a climber's weight , and I doubt that a trad bow shooter could use it . If they bring the price down I may get one for my ladder stand .
Old 08-14-2006, 10:39 AM

Going to pick it up. Weve debated putting a tower up in a certain little spot at the gun hunt property. Weve got a ladder stand that sits in the middle of about 8 large pine trees that overlooks a 100 acre swamp and a couple major runs leading to a small island about 150 yards in too the swamp. Would be real tough getting all the needed supplies out there too build a tower and we can put this on the ladderstand. Wind is always bad on that stand,, more than once people have had too leave the watch early because they were cold. Bad thing to do at that spot, every year our best bucks are killed there usually at midday.