Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
SEEING AND HEARING CROWS, NOT SEEING DEER >

SEEING AND HEARING CROWS, NOT SEEING DEER

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SEEING AND HEARING CROWS, NOT SEEING DEER

Old 11-06-2002, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default SEEING AND HEARING CROWS, NOT SEEING DEER

HAS ANYONE NOW OR IN THE PAST HAD A PROBLEM WITH ALOT OF CROWS MAKING THE NOISE THEY MAKE, AND IN RETURN NOT SEEING MANY OR NO DEER WHILE HUNTING?

MY SPOT WAS HOT FOR 4 YEARS, THEN LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR THE CROWS ARE ALLOVER AND WE ARE SEEING LESS OR NO DEER AT ALL.

CAN THE CROWS MAKING ALL THE NOISE THEY DO SCARE THE DEER FROM A AREA THAT WAS ONCE HOT?
Old 11-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SEEING AND HEARING CROWS, NOT SEEING DEER

My uncle has had this happen to him. He thinks they are warning other animals of danger and giving him away. I think he is nuts, but he has had the same problem as you.

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 11-06-2002, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!!!! I THOUGHT THAT ALSO, BUT WHATS THE DANGER, I KNOW THEY DONT SEE ME, AT TIMES THEY LAND IN THE TREE IM IN, OR TREES NEARBY. ALSO I HEAR THEM FAR AWAY, THEN THEY FLY OVER TO MY AREA, DO THERE THING, FLY OFF, COME BACK. ITS JUST BEEN THE LAST 2 YEARS, OUT OF THE 6 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN HUNTING THIS AREA.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Thats funny. My uncle thinks that the crows will see you and then make as much racket crowing away as they can. Crows are protected in MN I think, otherwise my uncle would be shooting them left and right. He is pretty superstious though. I am glad I have not had that problem!

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 11-06-2002, 03:09 PM

I'm with starrmans uncle. I've had trouble with crows for about three years now. Its legal to hunt them in ny on fri. sat. sun. mon. I believe they do warn the other animals in the woods of danger. They may be just making the noise to warn there own but if the other animals hear it they probably know to stay away. they are a smart bird. I've also noticed if they're next to me making alot of noise I won't see deer that day.