Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Was this deer non-typical?

Old 08-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Was this deer non-typical?

Good luck to you ...nothing like a nice big NT ...

dd

Old 08-11-2006, 01:27 PM

It looked almost exactly like those two fightin' ones. I guess it is probably typical, just a weird one?
Old 08-12-2006, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: tykempster

Ok, for reference what is the definition of a non-typical?
Even points. Typical:4X4=8pt,5X5=10pt, 6X6=12pt

Uneven points. Non-Typical: 4X5=9pt, 5X6=11pt, 6X7=13pt
You guys are very close. The P&Y and B&C book says that to qualify as non-typical, you must have 1" of abnormal points. These are sticker points, forks, droptines etc. The example given above, the 9, 11 and 13 pointers, are still scored as typicals. The odd points are deducted in the typical portion of the score sheet. After your side to side deductions aresubtracted for a net score, then you add the total of abnormal inches to that for your net non-typical score.
Right on Greg!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:48 AM

what if hes 4 x 4 with a countable kicker coming off one side, does that make him non typical?...
and what about a 5 x 5 with dubble drop tines, does that make him typ?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

tykempster i have a buck like your describing but prolly not as big, here are a few pics of him

Old 08-12-2006, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Chuck Norris Beat Me

what if hes 4 x 4 with a countable kicker coming off one side, does that make him non typical?...
and what about a 5 x 5 with dubble drop tines, does that make him typ?
No, because the drops are abnormal points.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

how old do you think that buck is?

Old 08-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

It's like greg posted. A non typical or a typical are scored which ever way it'll score the highest. Anything unequal will be deductions unless you score it non typical. Everything goes on non typical, the typical is an even score on both sides, extra being deducted from the final score. So you could score a buck typical even if he has 5 drops, 3 stickers and 8 kickers, but he would prolly score higher as non typical.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

FYI, taken from the B&C scoresheet that Rebel posted at the start of this thread (in reference to abnormal or non typical growth).

"Abnormal points are those non-typical in location (such as points originating from a point or from the bottom or sides of the main beam) or extra points beyond the normal pattern of points. Measure in the usual manner (See Figure A). "

Rack attack and Greg filled in the required blanks on the scoring system, so no need to eloborate further.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:46 PM

Cougars, yep the buck looked alot like that. I've been at the State Fair showing hogs, I figured I should have a pic of something when I got back after like 5 days...nothing but white once again. I don't know whats up with my camera, I walked in front of it and it took a pic of me though.[:@]

Quick Reply: Was this deer non-typical?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.