Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dragging the deer out

Old 08-15-2006, 04:37 PM

Default RE: Dragging the deer out

If you wear a harness in your tree stand you can just get a carabiner and a short rope. Fasten it to the harness and lean forward.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:05 AM

I tie one end of the rope to the deer and te other to my belt I'm wearing. This frees both hands to carry my gun.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:11 AM

I asked my father the question of what he thought was the best way he knew to drag a deer out.....

He said "sons".
Old 08-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I'v ever used wasa $10 deer drag from walmart. Justa piece of ropelooped througha foot long handle, very easy to carry (pocket) and a life saver in thick brush.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

it's a good thing my dad and unsle arent members on here i'dprobably end up doing the dragging i probably still will.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:44 AM

non motorized,me and my two boys dragging
Old 08-21-2006, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I use a cheap flat bottomed plastic toboggan style snow sled , it's long enough to keep the whole deer off of the ground , provides a smooth bottom to reduce drag , and keeps dirt off of the carcass . Much easier than dragging a "sticky" carcass on the bare ground . It was $8 at WM .
Agreed!!!! I use a sled often just to drag all of my crap in and out of my hunting spot. When a deer is down, it comes in very handy.

I also keep an old plastic tarp and some rope in the trunk just in case.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:17 PM

Depends. One area I hunt is about 100yards from where I park my truck. I either drag by the antlers or the hoof (if a doe). Other stand locations I use a spliced rope and drag with that. A few other times I have used those rolled up plastic sled things and that works pretty well when dragging across dry and rocky terrain, mud, etc.

I love dragging deer out on cold, snowy days when it just glides across the top!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:40 PM

I just kick the deer and tell them to go to the truck after I gut 'em. Works great! lol. NoI use a 6' piece of 1/2in nylon rope with a loop. Slip the rope through the loop around the deer neck and have fun!

-Dave
Old 09-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

plastic sled

Quick Reply: Dragging the deer out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.