HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   I'm really sick (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/150144-im-really-sick.html)

Mike Hill 08-02-2006 09:18 AM

I'm really sick

Hello I'm Mike and I'm a deer-a-holic

I was replying to another post and just relized how sick I really am. I use all my vacation time (4 weeks) P-days (3) sick time (15 days) and swap shifts, so that I can take the whole deer season off.
I remember one time in 1984 when my wife had to go into the hospital and my kids were small I woulden't take time off of work to watch them her sister had to come and do it. Another time my grandson was making first comunion at church where was I of course at work. My youngest sons wife had a baby in the middle of muzzle loader season and insted of being happy I jumped on him cause now I will have to go to a birthday every year and loose a day hunting. Am I the worst case you have ever heard of. And do you think there is any help for me. I'm going to set up a fund to help out all the poor soles out there like me. The only cure for this dibilitating sickness is to feed it hunt all the time and then hunt some more and wait for hunters burn out. I have a real bad case I haven't hit the burn out for 40 years but its got to be close. 73 more days and I can get back to work on the cure. I wonder how many hours that is or min. and seconds himmmm. I got some work to do I guess see ya all soon.

CtHunter8 08-02-2006 09:19 AM

RE: I'm really sick

you aint sick!!! you're smart! :D

-Travis-

NBDeerHunter 08-02-2006 10:47 AM

I think you should take a look at life and its priorities. I love hunting as much as anyone and I would not say one negative thing if my son or daughters need me during hunting season. I would be happy they included me and I can always hunt another day.
If my kids grow up and have kids and they have an event such as a B'day during hunting season I am there no questions asked. They are your grandkids you know
Add as for not helping when your wife was in the hospital.......she should have dumped your sorry butt and left you back then and wouldn't have to put up with you now. Maybe she would find a man who can get his priorities straight!!!!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents worth

CtHunter8 08-02-2006 11:03 AM

well I meant you were smart for takin the deer season off, not being there for your family...that aint right..

-Travis-

Greg / MO 08-02-2006 11:44 AM

There's a lot of directions this thread can go from here; let's do our best to keep it a civil discussion. Thanks.

NBDeerHunter 08-02-2006 12:04 PM

I also agree that it was smart to get the entire season off. I would love to have that much time off to hunt. Good on you for that anyway

NEW61375 08-02-2006 12:27 PM

Well I certainly can't speak for Mike Hill but I think I detected a little bit of sarcasm in his post. Lets not be too hard on him, I'm sure if he has as much family as it sounds like he does someone will keep him on his toes.

Mykey 08-02-2006 12:33 PM

I really don't know how to take your post but i'm assuming your just kidding and like new said, being sarcastic. But just in case you're not, it sounds like you have your prioritiesway out of whack.Get your priorities in order and you'll feel muchbetter about yourself and your hunting and i'm sure your family will feel better about you too.
You're not sick you just love to hunt and there's nothing wrong with that. The problem comes in when you do it at the expense of your family. Man life's to short to miss out on the best part and apart from God thats family! Good luck, hope you get it worked out.

livbucks 08-02-2006 12:54 PM

How about telling the married relatives they can't have unprotected sex during any month that could cause a child to be born during hunting seasons? You know...those little neice and nephew birthday parties that everyone MUST attend. How about a pact between all young males in the family that NO weddings will be scheduled during hunting seasons? We could go on and on but the good man would have his priorities in order and take care of family business first.
That is why I love hunting during the week. Weekends are too tied up in "family matters" and I enjoy my day hunting alot more when I am of free conscience to go, and no mad wife to look at when I get home.

CtHunter8 08-02-2006 01:02 PM

hey im sorry if your post was sarcastic or not...now that Im reading it it sounds sarcastic, so I dnno. I hope its not serious.

-Travis-