Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how to sight in Remington 1187 26" special edition with extended rifled sabot choke tube? >

how to sight in Remington 1187 26" special edition with extended rifled sabot choke tube?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how to sight in Remington 1187 26" special edition with extended rifled sabot choke tube?

Old 08-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how to sight in Remington 1187 26" special edition with extended rifled sabot choke tube?

ORIGINAL: saltflyz

no offense taken- I have always shot buckshot...never slugs. I do not have a sight, but do have a bead- my barrell is smooth 26" and I have an extended (5") rifled choke tube...the guys said this is all you need and to shoot sabot slugs...sounds like I need a scope and to try lots of different ammo...thanks again- how powerful a scope do you all suggest
Might try some of those sights that stick on the rib if you have a vent rib. They have some adjustment built in them and if you buy the regular barrel they are still handy on that vent rib for turkey season.

Heck just try them out soon as you get home and Walmart will take them right back the next day if you don't likethem or they don't work out.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how to sight in Remington 1187 26" special edition with extended rifled sabot choke tube?

Big Country what are you talking about????????
I have used scopes on my shotguns including Remmington 870 for over 20 years with no problem. At least half of everyone I know uses them and when kept tight and mounted right I have never heard of anyone having troubles with the POI changing all the time.
I live in a state where you have to use a shotgun and I use many, because like golf clubs each has a different perpose. When I'm going to be walking I like to use a full choked barrell with buck shot my shoice is Remmington Primeir 00. I hunt in Ct as well and buckshot is not allowed so I use a rifled barrel with Iron sights and Litfield slugs. When I'm on stand I use a rifled barrel with a 3-9 buckmaster scope usually set to 6 power and Ligtfield slugs. I have never used a rifled slug choke so I can't help you with that. But as suggested try a bunch of different ones just like a muzzle loader a shotgun can be funny and you have to find what shoots best out of it there can be a world of difference in your groups from brand to brand. Now is the time to get going and have fun shooting so don't delay hunting season will be here before you know it.