Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Can't express the importance enough >

Can't express the importance enough

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can't express the importance enough

Old 07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Can't express the importance enough

Guys and Gals,
For your sake and your families sake PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wear a safety harness when you are in a tree stand. THANK GOD I had one on wednesday or I wouldn't have been able to type this to you. I was stepping from sticks onto the stand and I lost my footing and fell. Thank God again that I was wearing one and had attached it to the tree. I walked away with only a scratch. It was the first time I had ever fallen and I have climbed several hundred stands.We all think we are invincible and maybe even get a little too comfortableat timesbut it only takes that one time to never be able to do what we love to do. I want to see you all have a safe season and be able to tell us your stories and arrive home safely.
Have a great upcoming season and may it be prosperous for you in all of your endevours., Pat Ely
Old 07-28-2006, 08:16 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Can't express the importance enough

Excellent advise, I still have friends that won't wear em, and I can't believe it. And one goes 30ft high. I think I read the statistics once that 30% of all advid stand hunters will fall out in thier life, and 8% of those 30% will have crippling injuries or possibly death. Talk about ending your season.

Glad to hear you ok.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:51 PM

I am so glad to hear you are ok. Thanks for passing this on!
Old 07-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Im glad to hear that your ok.

I believe that posts like this, although unfortunate that they happen are great reminders to all that safety first is the way to hunt.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Typical Buck

Alot of my freinds will not wear them either. They say it takes a wuss to wear one! Maybe so, but we'll see who the wuss is when they bounce off the ground. I can't stress enought how important it is to wear the harness.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Spike

Glad to hear your ok. after many years of various injuries at home and work,I've learned how to work safer, so when I got my climber it came with a full body harness . I use it every time I go up it may make me a "woos" but this is one "woos" that is going to WALK home to my wife and kids not go to a hospital for a wheel chair or worse
Old 08-02-2006, 12:26 PM

a guy I know's brother-in-law was just killed not too long ago cause he fell out of his stand..good post Pat

-Travis-
Old 08-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Glad you're ok. Dont worry I wear mine all the time.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Yea One ofmy friends at my school fell out of his deerstand last year andis paralyzed from the waist down. he laid out there for 4 hrs before someone came to check on him. but he's planning on coming back again this year.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:06 AM

Pat,
Glad to hear your Okay. It's great advice!

My husband has a Lone Tree that snapped before he was strapped in! He got pretty bruised up and has damage to his left hand.
[&:]

Quick Reply: Can't express the importance enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.