Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New IL Law

Old 07-18-2006, 01:55 PM

Default New IL Law

http://dnr.state.il.us/pubaffairs/2006/june/unusedgunpermits.htm

Check this out guys, should help if you have to work or cant go for another reason
Old 07-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New IL Law

I did this last year, but maybe it's because we have landowner tags. Did this used to be something reserved only for landowners?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Fork Horn

That's cool. I just got back into ML hunting, and now I get an extra weekend to fill the freezer if needed.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

It appears to be doe only . It and will also rob your F&G department of revenue , my state doesn't allow rollover for that very reason .
Old 07-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think it will rob the IDNR of revenue. Late season hunting had reserved for select counties anyway. The state is trying to look like good guys here, but the bottom line is they want the does thinned out. Usually its colder than a well diggers @$$ in mid January, so I don't know if it will be a big success or not.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

It appears to be doe only . It and will also rob your F&G department of revenue , my state doesn't allow rollover for that very reason .
That's OK, the money would have been routed away from the DNR anyways, more than likely. Remember, we have a crook running our state.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Illini_Sportsman I did this last year, but maybe it's because we have landowner tags. Did this used to be something reserved only for landowners?
Yes it used to be limited to landowners. It was introduced this year to help thin the herd down and make a little bit smaller herd, but healthier (hopefully bigger body).

I don't think it will really hurt DNR revenue and I think it is a very good idea.

More opportunities to fill the freezers and food banks.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Typical Buck

I personally think its all a money thing. Old ROD knows he can bring in tons of money through this whole Deer Huntin' thing and he is trying to capitalize on it. In my area, I dont know of anyone who has gotten their permits back that didnt get the Bonus permit as well. Why not?? Its more money.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vogt_51

I personally think its all a money thing. Old ROD knows he can bring in tons of money through this whole Deer Huntin' thing and he is trying to capitalize on it. In my area, I dont know of anyone who has gotten their permits back that didnt get the Bonus permit as well. Why not?? Its more money.

I don't think its all a money thing, but yes Blowgo can bring in extra $ with it. Then again we do need to curb the herd in the name of CWD
Old 07-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

I think tags are a rip off anyway.the price of your licence should be what you pay to hunt.