Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wild Dogs running deer

Old 11-03-2002, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Wild Dogs running deer

Great topic.

I can still remember during my child hood and seeing dogs running deer. And the elders shooting them. These dogs were either stray dogs that run in packs or acctually other peoples dogs that are trained to move deer from one area to another.

I my self have delt with this and man it has been a hard decission for me? Just two years ago while anctipating on seeing the deer that I had been following, was chased off by two blasted dogs.

I had the oppertunity to nail both of the dogs but just couldn't. They were not strays and were fairly well kept so I knew the were owned.

Hard thing to do, but harder to see the deer get chased off. Dog lover and see my dogs.

I can appreciate every ones stance on this topic, regardless.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 11-04-2002, 06:52 AM

Default RE: Wild Dogs running deer

I talked to a guy once who admited to goin to the local pound buyign a few dogs takin them the to property neighobroing his like on opening day then hurrying back to his stand, and we got soem people next to the property we hunt who let there dogs run em all teh time and think its funny, yeah ive shot a few ill admit but i wont shoot one that usnt running deer or maybe could be a rabbit dog or something but if he is after a deer its over for him i just wish i knew whose they were so i could go dump it on there porch, adn sya well at least he died fast the fawn he was chasing with a broken leg with die a slow painful death

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."