Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Picked up shoulder mount....what do you think >

Picked up shoulder mount....what do you think

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Picked up shoulder mount....what do you think

Old 07-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Picked up shoulder mount....what do you think

Awesome looking mount!! Something unique, I like it!!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

great deer and a great mount, congrats..
Old 07-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Real Nice! Congrat's
Old 07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer, Ilike that mount.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

That looks really good. I like when mounts are "dressed up" a bit - like the greenery being eaten. Mind if I ask how much something like that cost?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:12 PM

Great looking mount. I like the ones that look a bit different, not like everyone elses. Congrats, and good hunting.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks very natural except for the tag on the antlers. Why do some hunters pay a butt load of money to make a deer look alive but they leave a tag on the antlers? Great looking mount otherwise.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:21 PM

kybuckhunter,

That tag is from the taxidermist. He does over 400 whitetail shoulder mounts each yearand puts a tag on each rack so they wont get confussed. As soon as I got home from the taxidermist, I hung him up and snapped some pictures. I have sense taken him down from this spot and hung him in the trophy room, minus the yellow shop tag.

Uncle Matt,

This is the most expensive shoulder mount I've had done, but I plan on having a few more done similar in the years to come. He get's $500 for a standard mount, plus $100 extra because its a wall pedestal, plus $100 extra for the open mouth, plus the ostrich and drift wood. To get the mount done and the deer processed it was over $1,200. But taxidermist down here are some of the most expensive in the country because people down here pay more to hunt and kill deer then people in other areas, so the taxidermist can justify what they charge.

And yes the buck does look "MEAN", you can really see it in person. I told the taxidermist what I wanted and asked him to make it as nice as possible. I asked him to make the bucks eye's look like hes about to get in a fight and/or like another buck is approaching him. In person the buck actually looks like he is looking off to the side as if another buck is walking up from behind.

One of the bucks that I plan on killing this year will get mounted like the buck in the middle of the below picture. I love all the detail and muscle tone of this mount........ (P.S. All three of these deer are mounted on the same pedestal and where all killed by the same guy in a week's time with a bow on the King Ranch)

Picture below...................

Old 07-09-2006, 11:23 PM

Here is the mount from my above post....

Old 07-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice looking mount(s). Definately one to be proud of... Very unique w/ the leaves in the mouth.

Quick Reply: Picked up shoulder mount....what do you think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.