Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
mount the antlers
3.09%
head mount
47.42%
1/2 body mount
8.25%
full body mount
41.24%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

if you shot a world record buck

Old 07-11-2006, 10:52 PM

Default RE: if you shot a world record buck

Here's a story for you. I lived in VA a few years ago and my neighbor's son came over during rifle season. He told us his uncle shot a deer with a ridiculous amount of points like 50 or something, typical kid stuff. We said oh yeah, wow and didn't think much of it. The next day he came over with pictures. The kid's last name was Beaty. Here his uncle was the guy who killed the Beaty buck. At the time it was the largest deer killed with a bow. We kind of got the inside scoop on what it would be like to kill a deer like that. He got sponsored by Primos, free equipment, clothes, money for replicas of the horns, crazy offers for the original rack. I guess he wasn't really interested in doing TV very much or I think he could have got some kind of hunting show. He went on a couple free hunts I think one was actually on the Primos hunting show. They took him Elk hunting in a fenced in ranch. From what we heard he was pretty disgusted with the hunt. I think if he marketed himself a little bit he could have been the next Chuck Adams. Anyway he made a load of money off that deer, it was like hitting the lottery. From what we heard he got a full mount of the deer with replica horns and keeps the original rack in a safe in a secret location. I thought it was pretty cool to have this happen to an average guy and not one of the "professional hunters".
Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

fillet it and make knife handles
Old 07-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Bartender

Full mount and then when I kiel over me mounted and posing next to him.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 AM

head & shoulder mount
Old 07-12-2006, 03:46 PM

immediatley find a person to document you did it ethically. Then find a few more - a Game Warden if possible.

Then lock those antlers up - trust no one

and then ? For me I'd likely sell them
Old 07-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

OK BOYS - I would have a cold one uh maybe more, maybe a shot or two from the juice jug- Play some Hank Jr. - Haggard- Waylon - Jones - maybe some David Allen - By that time I might be nighty night - Wake up the next morning and think what will retirement be like (PEACE)!!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd probably sell the rack off for an ATV and a used pickup truck. No, not really, but this did happen here in Indiana this past fall. Some fo you may have seen pics of the "Morgantown Buck" and all the rumors surrounding it's kill. The deer was never officially scored to my knowledge.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

I would make sure it wasn't stolen from.