Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods. >

Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods.

A.D.D. boy maybe you should reread the hunting laws of OHIO page 9 item 16clearly states that it is ILLEGAL here in OHIO to pursue and or retrieve a dead or wounded game animal including deerfrom private property unless you have written permission of the landowner..
Old 07-12-2006, 06:26 AM

got up real early on day 1 of the'05 bow season, i had worked for two days getting all my gear together for a big hunt at a friends farm. i got to the hunting area and got every thing in hand and headed to the stand, about half way there i put on a good layer of deer scent. i was just about to get in my stand when i heard all this noice coming stright at me then all of a sudden something hit me hard so hard i was knocked to the ground. dazed i could feel something holding onto me and whatever it was had me pinned to the ground humping on me. i tried to fight back but this thing had me, after a short while it settled down and let me go. i jumped up and ran through the darkness untill i hit a tree, when i came to i was in a dark barn stall tied up then i heard someone talking it sounded like women i hollerd for help and someone opened the door i looked up only to see two big red haired farm girls they looked at me then laughed and shut the door. i worked my hands loose and started to try and get my feet loose but i had my deer sent in my back pocket and it was killing me, i pulled it out of my pocket and as i looked at the can i was dumbfounded it was my sons can of axe body spray. take my advise and read the danger lable on your can of scent or your can might end up in the clutches of something wild.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:36 AM

I havent had anything very exiting happen to me in the woods. Apart from killing a deer.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it has changed but this was about 4 or 5 years ago. And I know for a fact it was legal then, I read it and we even called the game warden. It was legal then. And that was the only time we tried to it because that was the only time it was neccasary to do so.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

got up real early on day 1 of the'05 bow season, i had worked for two days getting all my gear together for a big hunt at a friends farm. i got to the hunting area and got every thing in hand and headed to the stand, about half way there i put on a good layer of deer scent. i was just about to get in my stand when i heard all this noice coming stright at me then all of a sudden something hit me hard so hard i was knocked to the ground. dazed i could feel something holding onto me and whatever it was had me pinned to the ground humping on me. i tried to fight back but this thing had me, after a short while it settled down and let me go. i jumped up and ran through the darkness untill i hit a tree, when i came to i was in a dark barn stall tied up then i heard someone talking it sounded like women i hollerd for help and someone opened the door i looked up only to see two big red haired farm girls they looked at me then laughed and shut the door. i worked my hands loose and started to try and get my feet loose but i had my deer sent in my back pocket and it was killing me, i pulled it out of my pocket and as i looked at the can i was dumbfounded it was my sons can of axe body spray. take my advise and read the danger lable on your can of scent or your can might end up in the clutches of something wild

na that was tag axe attracts blondes
Old 07-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Ok this didn't happen to me but I read it today and thought it was the oddest thing I have ever heard, so I thought I'd share it with yall.

Five people in July of 1967 had been looking for deer when the trip had to stop because of rain. On the way home they saw two deer in a field of tall grass. All of the sudden one of the deer raised both of its hind feet in the air, as if doing a hand stand, balancing and walking on its front feet. Then the second deer did the same thing. Both deer walked on their front feet for about 75 ft. to where they couldn't be seen any longer. (there have acually been additional but rarereports of this behavior through the years)
Old 07-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get ready boy's next there gona learn how to use a gun. We will become the hunted. lol
Old 07-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Ok - honest as I can be - you might not believe this but here it goes - I went hunting one morning with my bow - didn't see one animal - not even a squirrel - That evening at dark I loaded up everything and took my tired butt to the house - I have a deer target in the back yard - about seven steps from the house and outside door - lights on, TV on - I get out of my truck turn the corner and what to my wildest eye in plain sight - a huge buck mounting my target - I had to yell at this deer to get him off the target - I couldn't bring myself to low standards and draw on the deer especially at night fall and especially under the circumstances! THE TRUTH THE TRUTH - IT HURTS!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

I was bowhunting and had a black bear cub climb the tree next to me with momma rubbing on the bottom of the tree i was in. I don't mind bears but she was a good 300lbs and that cub was about 10ft away at eye level. The cub climbed down and they both left in a hurry due to a buddy making alot of noise on his way out of the woods. Didn't see any deer.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:56 PM

I don't consider this wild. But it is the best thing that ever happened to me in the woods. After my husband (bullmoose)shot his 8 point buck he came home told me he shot a buck and if I would go help him track it. Well, we find the buck and the next thing you know I look down and there is my engagement ring on the antler.........that is when he asked me to marry him.........and of course I said yes!!!!!

Quick Reply: Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.