Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2005 Buck Mounted *PICS*

Old 07-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2005 Buck Mounted *PICS*

Dude, GREAT BUCK. That is nice buck. That is my type of rack. Im not so much with width, i like the high racks with character.......
Old 07-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks to everyone who replied. As the story goes, this is one tough buck.

I hunted the property thoroughly, all of bow season. You know how that goes. I would see a ton of deer, about 20 does a night. I was so excited for the rut to start I couldn't believe it. Finally, November rolled around and I had the chance to hunt a different area where I had been seeing a nice 4 point. Well, I hunted there a few night but knew the rut was kicking in. So, I decided to head back to where I knew the does were.

THIS IS A STORY FOR ALL WHO THINK TWICE ABOUT GOING OUT HUNTING!!

It was a Saturday night and I had plans to hunt this weekend hard due to the rut. I was nearly ready to go when my girlfriend calls and ask to go out to dinner and a play tonight. I contimplated and thought twice. As I was taking off my hunting stuff to go to the play, I could not get over all those does. So I called her back and told her I would make it up to her some other time. I quick got my hunting stuff on and got on stand. I didn't see anything until late in the day when the usual does came across stand. I waited for the trailing buck but nothing prevailed. It was getting dark and I heard something crashing from the swamp where the does had come. I knew it was him. He came gruntin' and a runnin'. The sad thing is he never stopped. I grunted, whistled, the whole works, and he was stuck on th does. So I took a running shot, which may not have been the smartest choice. I waited a while and seen that I drew blood but it was deffinately from the stomach. I went home and never slept a wink that night. The next morning I was up by 5:30 ready to go. I looked for 5 hours following blood and acorns out of his stomach. There was very little snow, which hurt me. I decided to give up and began walking home. As I was following a deer trail, I noticed a bloody acorn on the ground. I looked up the trail about 15 yards and all I seen was horns.

By far, the best hunt of my life.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:20 PM

I'm glad that you found him. He's a real nice buck that you can be proud of!
Old 07-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Real Nice! Congrat's
Old 07-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking mount... Very unique rack!
Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Bartender

I love it especially with a shotgun. I have not gotten one yet with a shotgun only bow and rifle. Started using shotgun in cwd area of southern Wisconsin last fall. Will see what happens this year. Good luck this coming year.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Peak, as for shotguns, it puts a little more challenge for closing in on game rather than that of a shotgun; But you have more distance than a bow. So you must not be required to a shotgun in your area?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:30 AM

nice buck and for the Gf.......nice of her to understand. My wife and I have had an understanding since the day we meet that when deer season comes it is my time to spend in the woods unless something major comes up. She is ok with that and has never said a word. god love her
Old 07-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck, glad you were able to find him.....and some advice about the GF, tell her once hunting season hits all dates are off. You can go out to a real nice place after the season, that's how I work it. Set her straight early in the relationship.