HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   cmere deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/146995-cmere-deer.html)

deerslayer270 07-05-2006 11:58 AM

cmere deer

wondering if anyone has any experience with this product...seen on it on the hunting channel and seems to work really well...i want to know if it works like they say it does because im wanting to get some and start getting the deer in a pattern of coming under my stand in the summer so come october they will already have their paths where i want them....seems like the right material to accomplish what i want to do, of course i wouldnt be using this stuff while hunting but to get them in the pattern during the off season it looks good....any feedback would be nice..thanks guys..

http://www.cmeredeer.com/

Vogt_51 07-05-2006 04:16 PM

RE: cmere deer

Alot of people seem to have good luck with it. However, I had no luck at all, and it seems like it was never touched. I had it in front of a good trailcam and didnt notice any more activity at all. Just my opinion.

deerslayer270 07-05-2006 04:41 PM

interesting...because they advertise they will eat most anything you put it on even if its something deer dont normally eat....

reed2404 07-05-2006 06:12 PM

I also had no luck with it,[:o]

Arrowmaster 07-05-2006 06:29 PM

I had a buddy use it before season and had a trail cam on it. He had no luck...

hardcorehunter 07-05-2006 06:52 PM

Don't believe advertisers for everything they claim; they want your $$$.HCH

Oneshot7 07-05-2006 06:55 PM

no luck with powder but it rained real hard the day after i will put out the liquid tomorrow and see how it works

mnsqueeze 07-05-2006 06:55 PM

hahaha!! wow i was goin to go online and buy some ., humm ., guess not ., i to saw it on the outdoor channel

timbercruiser 07-05-2006 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Don't believe advertisers for everything they claim; they want your $$$.HCH
Truer words havenever been spoken. Most of the time it is the result of a hunter putting his time in the woods that works best of all. Not saying this stuff or any of the other hunting products won't work, but..........

Tigerfan 07-05-2006 11:34 PM

hahaha!! wow i was goin to go online and buy some ., humm ., guess not ., i to saw it on the outdoor channel
A couple years ago we planted peas in a food plot in the middle of a pine thicket, the deer hardly touched it. The very next year they literally nuked it. I have used certain products with no luck only to have someone a few hundred yards from me do the same and thee deer kill it. Deer are creatures of habit and it takes them a while to get used to eating what you want them to instead of what they have always eaten. Bio Logic is a perfect example, two guys in my club bought it and planted their spring and fall plots with it and after the first year one of them stopped and the other plants it religously still. He or his sons kill a nice buck every year and the other guy got out and there still hasn't been a decent buck killed off his areas.

I said all of that to say this, when you try something you have to give it a chance and more than one season most of the time. Mix it with your normal feed (i.e corn, protein pellets, salt blocks, whatever) and they will get use to it that way. I can give you 3 guys that say that it is great stuff and 3 that will say that it doesn't work. I started using it this year along with buck jam and corn. I hunt in Louisiana where baiting is legal (except sweet potatoes) and I have used several different things some worked, some didn't. The way that I use it is I find a stump that is fairly rotted and I put my buck jam on the top and spread it out over the top and some of the sides, then I losen the dirt along the side of the stump (if needed) and put the Cmerdeer around the base of the stump. I then take my corn bag and open it up and spread it in a straight line over the stump to where there is a few feet of corn on both sides and also on top of the stump. This way the deer will eat the corn and taste the buck jam and Cmerdeer and they get use to all 3. I will reapply as needed and you will be able to tell what they like the most by looking at the stump and around the base. Also deer may eat something in October that they won't touch in November or Spring and not Fall. Be open minded and you may find something that really works. Good luck and great hunting.