Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hank Parker

Old 07-10-2006, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Hank Parker

I posted this on another topic in this forum and I wanted to add my comment to this one as well.

A couple years ago we planted peas in a food plot in the middle of a pine thicket, the deer hardly touched it. The very next year they literally nuked it. I have used certain products with no luck only to have someone a few hundred yards from me do the same and thee deer kill it. Deer are creatures of habit and it takes them a while to get used to eating what you want them to instead of what they have always eaten. Bio Logic is a perfect example, two guys in my club bought it and planted their spring and fall plots with it and after the first year one of them stopped and the other plants it religously still. He or his sons kill a nice buck every year and the other guy got out and there still hasn't been a decent buck killed off his areas.

I said all of that to say this, when you try something you have to give it a chance and more than one season most of the time. Mix it with your normal feed (i.e corn, protein pellets, salt blocks, whatever) and they will get use to it that way. I can give you 3 guys that say that it is great stuff and 3 that will say that it doesn't work. I started using it this year along with buck jam and corn. I hunt in Louisiana where baiting is legal (except sweet potatoes) and I have used several different things some worked, some didn't. The way that I use it is I find a stump that is fairly rotted and I put my buck jam on the top and spread it out over the top and some of the sides, then I losen the dirt along the side of the stump (if needed) and put the Cmerdeer around the base of the stump. I then take my corn bag and open it up and spread it in a straight line over the stump to where there is a few feet of corn on both sides and also on top of the stump. This way the deer will eat the corn and taste the buck jam and Cmerdeer and they get use to all 3. I will reapply as needed and you will be able to tell what they like the most by looking at the stump and around the base. Also deer may eat something in October that they won't touch in November or Spring and not Fall. Be open minded and you may find something that really works. Good luck and great hunting.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Spike

Hey,I have been watching an reading up on C-Mere deer for years , so early fall i started using it. i have used the Buck Juice,3 Day Harvest,Deer Attractant Powder, And here in the NC mountains the whitetails do not or are not into C-mere deer. i am Starting to wonder if you hunt open Land or fenced in property. After all the money i have spent an all the TV shows i have watched showing Mr Parker an Others killing Deer hunting over C-Mere Deer. They is NO way if it works that good That i have not have seen Big White Tails. Feel free to tell me if i could have did something wrong!!! For the Price of C-mere deer and the Price i have spent on Corn my deer are killing my corn an walking around the C-Mere, even if i spray the corn with C-Mere they seam not to eat it But in your Favor Turkeys LOVE it. But Please let me know how to use this C-mere Deer , is ther a switch to turn it off an on? I can not afford the fence the land i hunt in to keep my deer there 24/7. Thank you , Hope you take a minute to read an let me know where i may have went wrong an tell me i did not WASTE my hard eaRN CASH. Cameron
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Spike

I have tried the 3 day harvest along with several other store bought attractants and found that the deer around here don't seem to like it. I have used the liquid c'mere deer and found that is does put out enough of a sweet odor that deer seem to like it and will feed on the grasses I have dumped it on. Not sure what is in the stuff, but it smell just like vanilla to me.

As far as the show goes, I laugh when I watch them dump $50 bucks worth of stuff on the ground like it was free. I suppose if it brought the deer running everytime it would be worth it, but deer around here to seem kind of moody at times. I have seen them walk right by a corn pile one day and then chow it down the next.

I also watched the show the other day and they shot a nice muley through a brush pile and keep talking about how the bullet went through the branch and killed the deer. Not a very ethical shot to take in my opinion!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

A joke of a hunting show IMO. I caught some of his show this weekend. He goes out and sprinkles his cmere deer around his air filtered ground blind. I think they filmed hunts over 3 or 4 days. Everytime he was in his blind he had about 5 - 8 bucks within 20 yards of him. Oh..... ranging from 120" to 160". Just hanging out without a worry in the world. Must be the cmere deer right? Good God some of these shows make me want to puke.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter
A joke of a hunting show IMO. I caught some of his show this weekend. He goes out and sprinkles his cmere deer around his air filtered ground blind. I think they filmed hunts over 3 or 4 days. Everytime he was in his blind he had about 5 - 8 bucks within 20 yards of him. Oh..... ranging from 120" to 160". Just hanging out without a worry in the world. Must be the cmere deer right? Good God some of these shows make me want to puke.
Yeah, I don't even consider it a show, it's nothing more than a long commercial. Whatever.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MizzouMonster
Yeah, I don't even consider it a show, it's nothing more than a long commercial. Whatever.
Television exists for the sole purpose of putting you in front of products. Period. Let alone these hunting and fishing shows.

I like the shows where they're waiting for the two 8-pts to move so they can get a shot at the 10-pt standing behind them

Trouble is, the average hunter watches these shows and gulps it all up and then gets all lathered up about QDM and big-racks-only. That's the real danger of what's been happening through the propaganda in the media.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

We tried it a few years ago as an effort to get more deer on camera early in the year. Succeeded in wasting my time as well as my $10.99. Needless to say I stick to my bulk mineral digs and food plots.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Use that stuff in Wisconsin and the DNR will come haul you away!

Michlw39 called it. They've proven the scent blocker clothes work "maybe" once and then they're all done. I see these guys blowing grunt calls, rattling etc and then show a buck feeding. Well if the buck was reacting to those sounds he wouldn't be feeding. Duh.

I have had rattling work a couple times though but not a high percentage. I'll just sit and keep quiet and not pass gas.

And there are very few of those shows where they aren't letting the big buck out of a crate after they get this "ace" hunter planted in his blind. If those guys dinked around glassing the bucks with binoculars, fiddling around with their guns, not getting the safety off here in Wisconsin they would NEVER get a deer. Ever. Your opportunities are very short lived and you'd better be ready to react quickly without measuring the deer first from your stand. Drives me nuts to where I start yelling "take off the safety and shoot the deer you moron".

I was on a deer hunt in Wyoming many years ago and my bil told me right where to sit (he had been there before) on the land. I had a nice muley before noon the opening day. At our meal that night one of the southern guys there with his son made the smart ass comment "I'm here to hunt, not kill" to which I said "I came here to kill". Of course neither he nor his son shot a deer on that hunt.

Last edited by warbirdlover; 12-06-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe Hank Parker started out being a big time Fisherman?I've watched his Hunting Shows and like most stated it is more like a big info commercial than anything else...as far as the C'mere Deer I used the liquid stuff to see if the Deer would come in by my trail camera and it didn't work in my opinion.We can use it here in MO., but have to remove it 10 days before Hunting Season becasue I believe it is considered "Baiting" and I believe it contains soybean oil?

Update:
Contains De-ionized water,proprietary colloidal blend of plant extracts PE1211,PE1249,and PE1231:sodium chloride;potassium chloride;dextrose:sucrose;calcium chloride;calcium citrate;ferric chloride;potassium phosphate monohydrate; and trace elements.