Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Getting Worried

Old 11-02-2002, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Getting Worried

hello guys i have a very serious question here. I am a bowhunter from Ohio and in the early season i was seeing does almost every time i went out. well in the last couple of the weeks i havent seen anything and i was wondering if A. it could be because my stand is in the same location or B. we have been sighting in our rifles for our Missouri hunt about 200 yards from my stand. Also i havent been able to find any buck sighn just a lot of does dose this mean there are no bucks in the aarea thanx please help
Old 11-02-2002, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Getting Worried

A lot of pressure/activity in the area may have changed some of the deer into a nocturnal pattern. A change in food sources could be part of the problem.

Old 11-02-2002, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Getting Worried

Can I ask why would you sight in your rifles in your hunting area? And so close to your stand?

Any ways I agree pressure, presence, etc may have changed their beds and habits. I would try and leave the area be for awhile, then follow up with a scouting trip and possibly make a change if required. If they really like the spot they will be back and rut is coming so all bets are off then.