HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   PRIDE! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/145898-pride.html)

sandilands 06-23-2006 09:16 AM

PRIDE!

Just sort of an off-shoot from 'deer hunting a competion' thread.

I take pride in everything I do. Scouting, stand placement, the ability to sit for hours and hours on stand to wait for the perfect shot, shot placement, care of meat after the kill and even in cooking the meat for myself, family and friends.
Every single morsel of meat is used, what I don't scrope off the bones for burger I give to my dog.
My first buck...... I thought was a doe, he's on my wall with pride. Even though he had 3pts on one side and a spike on the other...... I call him 'corky'. I also have 2 basket bucks hanging and my biggest to date is a 4x4 that scored about 120"...... all hanging on the wall, if he grew them he earned them.
The 8 stands that I have out. I'm proud of. My hunting buddies use them too...... every time they tell me they are seeing more animals than last yr or ever b4...... I take pride. I joke with them that if they shoot anything its part mine or at least the stand and locations.
Just yesterday when I was out near my hunting area I saw a 5x5 in velvet w/lots of growing to do. I would definately take him w/PRIDE. A few abnormal growths and the tips of each point still had massive bulbs on them..... must have beeen a 20"+ inside spread and g2 were at least 8" long already...... not bad for a bush/marsh buck. The biggest I've seen out of these woods was take by a friend..... mainframe 5x5 but it had 21 points all together..... dream bucks.

MOTOWNHONKEY 06-23-2006 09:59 AM

RE: PRIDE!

Is PRIDE kind of like RESPECT? Either way I think you are demanding it.

retrieverman 06-23-2006 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Is PRIDE kind of like RESPECT? Either way I think you are demanding it.
Someone needs to let the "demanding respect" thing go. It was cute for a while, but I for one have lost interest.

sandilands
It sounds like you have some nice deer and good genetics where you hunt. Keep up the good work.

GregH 06-24-2006 05:14 AM

Well... I think that the respect thing is still cute. Keep them comming.[:-]

sandilands 06-24-2006 08:54 AM

Pride is what you feel about yourself and your accomplishments. I respect the guy who took the 21pt buck....... not just for that one buck but also for the 50 or so others hanging on his wall. I don't demand anything from anybody. I may have expectations from those in my hunting party......... to have fun and hunt hard and thats about it.
Not to knock you Motown,(maybe its time to change your signature)..... but look up respect and pride in the dictionary. Pride is nothing to be demanded, you either have it in yourself or not. Excess pride is called arrogance...... and I don't think that me, I've only taken4 bucks out of the 21 or so deer that I have under my belt and no real monsters. I'm just proud of my accomplishments thus far and hope to improve every year.

hardcorehunter 06-24-2006 09:12 AM

HCH[/align]

tsoc 06-24-2006 09:22 AM

My favorite type of hunter or person for that matter is the person who is extremely successful yet extremely humble! That is the individual who I would most like to be like and who gets my respect.