Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Things I need recommendations on >

Things I need recommendations on

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Things I need recommendations on

Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default Things I need recommendations on

Ok guys some things I am in the market for before my season starts, and I have a tight budget.
I need a few hang on stands (fairly cheap), and the step ups, any suggestions?????
The Walmarts near me have NADA
Also a good set of Coveralls that I can just slip into and out of. These are for when I will be hunting before work. (it must be fairly warm since I live in New England) I looked at predator but I am not sure about it.

Jim
Old 06-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things I need recommendations on

dicks sporting goods usually has cheap stands...
Old 06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

I 2nd that notion. I don't really like Dick's Sporting Goods but a couple years ago I purchased a hang on stand and 16' climbing sticks (with security straps)for $30 each! They're not the lightest weight models out there but they're too heavy. It's helpful to have backpack straps for your stand...so keep that in mind. I made my own with quick clips so I can use them to transport any of my hang-ons.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:22 AM

This time of year wal mart ain't gonna have crap anyway. It's hard this time of year to find a sale on items not used untill october(at least around here) Every year at the bass pro Fall Hunting Classic there is always a few decent stands on sale(I think also available via Mail). Save money now and buy when the sales are on.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:30 PM

In the way of stands i would definatly try North Starr hang on treestands. they are the best of the budget treestands i have seen out there ($50) Just a word of warning, stay away from anything that isnt welded or that is made of wood. I have seen these at Gander Mountain, Dicks, Cabelas, and Bass Pro.