Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunters in woods

Old 06-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunters in woods

You have no rights in this situation
Absolutely correct.

It seems rather immature of you (no matter what you age is) to have the stance you do on this. Offer to help the father and the son with whatever you can. You never know what you may gain by putting the right foot forward. One thing you'll definately gain is a good feeling. good luck
Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another positive is that, if you are a small game hunter as well, you may also have access to another 170 acres worth of fence rows and grassland waterways for rabbits and quail. Don't rock the boat.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: deerhunter1224

The guy said his son would be the only one hunting. He is hunting as well. Thats what made me mad. The season is months away we will see if they are going to be still hunting. I talked with the kid that has a handicap he said they are looking for other place to hunt.
One last note, look at them as a unit or team. Invariably the father isn't going to stray to far from the son who is in the wheel chair, hence, they will be seeing the same deer, in the same area at the same time, and shooting at the same deer.

If you were with someone you loved and they wanted an ice cream, wouldn't youeat one? If, you went fishing with someone wouldn't you take a fishing pole?

I encourage you to walk a mile in his moccasins, in this case ride a mile in his wheelchair... maybe even go the extra mile and help the father drag the deer out. Be a hero and not a zero.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay I can see many of you dont really agree with me. I have helped out guys that have hunted my land in the past. Yes I lost a days worth of hunting. I didnt care at all. All I am saying is. The guy asked if his son could hunt not him he didnt ask if he could hunt. The kid can walk just not that well. If the dad wants to go along sit by his son fine by me. The son is the only one that can kill the deer. You get to many people there goes the quanity and quality of deer.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM

That's fine, man. We're saying you have to get over it. There is no other option.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: deerhunter1224

The guy asked if his son could hunt not him he didnt ask if he could hunt.

Not your land , not your call .
Keep rocking the boat and you may find yourself looking for somewhere else to hunt from now on . Trying to fuss over a guy hunting without his wheelchair bound kid only makes you look like a jerk , your family obviously knows he does it and doesn't care . The guy has a lot bigger problems than hunting access , and your family has decided to be nice to him , and I don't blame them one bit . Frankly , I think you're being a dick about it , and very childish . Get your own land and you can control it any way you want , but you have zero right to decide what happens on someone else's .

Get over it .
Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

As for an adoption.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:02 PM

Just think of it like this. If the kid wasnt handicaped he might be out there every weekend. Its not like him and his dad are hunting in 2 diff stands. Wether its just the dad or the both of them 1 shot is being fired.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sheesh! I really feel for you dude! Lets see, free, private land to hunt, seeing deer every hunt, and they didn't even kill a deer for sure last season! If I were you, I'd quit in protest!
Really, get over it, and count your blessings!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

1. Be greatful that you canWALK to your stand.
2. Be greatful that you have a free place to hunt any time you would like.
3. Be greatful that you havefolks that are setting afine example of generosity and kindness to others, maybe less fortunate.
4. Take note and learn, sounds to me like you have some good examples, save yourself some grief.
5.Pitch in and help, you might find yourself some new hunting buddies.
Larry

Quick Reply: hunters in woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.