Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fawn sighting

Old 05-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fawn sighting

Hi all!

Late yesterday evening, I was sitting on the front porch looking down the pasture and I noticed a doe standing about 50 yards from my pond. I haven't bushhogged the pasture yet this year, so she appeared to be alone. I watched her for about 10 minutes and she finally started moving away toward the clover plot I planted this spring. I noticed as she went there was something moving in the grass just behind her, butI couldn't confirm what it was. When she got down to the clover plot, I saw it was a fawn. She just had one, and it couldn't have been more than a day or two old. Looked smaller than my beagles. I got to watch it nurse abit while mama munched clover. Anyone else seen any fawns yet? Always good to see renewal!

GH
Old 05-26-2006, 06:57 PM

Default RE: Fawn sighting

The antelope are all starting to drop in WY. Saw a number of fawns that had just been born Wed. and Thurs. Almost ran two over with the quad because the little squirts are so small and the blend in with the sagebrush so well.