Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Got me a deer and back to the house before 7!!! >

Got me a deer and back to the house before 7!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got me a deer and back to the house before 7!!!

Old 01-12-2002, 05:59 AM

Default Got me a deer and back to the house before 7!!!

This morning was a Tennessee statewide youth hunt and i still qaulify and I hadn't been in my stand for 20 minutes when 9 huge does cmae out in the field i was watching i made a 123 yard shot (rangefinder) and shot the biggest doe that was facing me...she jumped up in the air and had a heart lung hit and when she was running (my dad has always taught me that when a deers still moving they're getting away from you)and I pulled up off handed and at like 150 yrds I put another one in her lung running. She immediately went down. Then i radioed into dad at home and he came up ther with the truck and we got her she will weigh around 100 pounds we arent going to check her in for a lil while. just thought id tell you guys that i had a good morning ill post a pic in a lil while
Old 01-12-2002, 03:51 PM

Default RE: Got me a deer and back to the house before 7!!!

good job.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:17 PM

I checked the doe in around noon and overall from teh check in station it was a good morning...they checked in around 12 to 13 deer including my doe. The doe i killed weighed 93 pound...thats a good mature doe around here...just thought id post to tell how much it weighed. By the way...they were out of film so i had to take it with a regular camera...ill post the pic when it gets developed.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

My personal record is leaving the house and being back within 15 minutes with a buck.My father and myself left home and just over one mile from the village where we lived we spotted a large buck in the field.I got out of the truck walked off the road and shot the buck.We drove over to the deer loaded it into the truck and went home to clean the deer.The buck was a large bodied 4x4 that scored 142 B&C and weighed over 330 lbs live weight.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:28 PM

Jeez. My best on ANY game was going out at 7am nd getting a turkey and back home by 8am. Good job, what caliber gun where you shooting?

--Jim
Old 01-13-2002, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jhuckeby18 congrats on the deer.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer!
Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-13-2002, 05:40 AM

jhuckeby18 congrats on you deer.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:06 AM

Congrats. I had a similar quick hunt last year. I got home from work at 5:30pm, grabbed my bow and walked to my tree stand on the edge of the field in back of my yard. Got into the stand at 5:35, and before I even got my bow up the tree, 4 deer came down the hill 30 yards away. They were passing behind me through my shooting lane as I readied and arrow. I shot the buck as he came through at 22 yards. I heard him crash down less than 50 yards away, it was a perfect heart shot. I got right down to retrieve the downed deer and looked at my watch as I started to climb down. It was 5:37pm.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:44 AM

Congratulations on the deer.

Quick Reply: Got me a deer and back to the house before 7!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.