Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Non-res landowners

Old 05-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

Default RE: Non-res landowners

I am glad I live in IA. People here aren't going to go to the trouble or risk to try to go through the woods with ski masks on searching for trail cameras or even risk their car licence plate being photographed by a camera that they did not no was there. Cameras can be hidden so easy that you could spend eternity walking through the woods trying to find them. Much easier to trespass on some other guys land that is too lazy to even post it IMO.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hardcore,

Keep in mind that some people don't post their land and laziness has nothing to do with it.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Hardcore,

Keep in mind that some people don't post their land and laziness has nothing to do with it.

Right. Let me restate that a tresspasser would more likely stay away from a surveillence posted property then a posted property. I think a lot of people have the mentality that if it isn't posted then they can go in. You have to post your property IMO or people will just go in at will. People that don't post their land are either too lazy to do it or don't care if people go in on their land enough to take the time to post it.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

hardcore,

What is the law in Iowa? In Illinois, I believe that it is considered tresspassing to enter land without permission whether it is posted or not.
However, in the part of Illinois where my land is located, its somewhat of an unspoken rule that if your land is not posted, then you don't care (within limits) if people go on it.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Banned

Here in IA whether posted or not you are trespassing without permission.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:27 PM

I live in south central kansas and alot of the land in our county is being leased by out of state hunters who only hunt it once or twice a season(Mostly pheasant and quail). But my dad has been hunting on all the land around here for 40 years and He and i dont like to see these things happen. Non-res hunters haven't started buying the land around here but we would hate to see it happening in our area. I am also not a big fan of the small time outfitters in our county buying/leasing land. If you would just do your research or hang out in a local shop you could get the names of land owners and meet them and talk to them about hunting their land. I understand wanting to hunt private land, but i dont pay a thing for land and alot of the farmers who lease around here will let you hunt after their lease hunters have left(birds or deer).
Old 05-03-2006, 09:09 PM

Here is the sign you need:

WARNING!
NO TRESPASSING! NO HUNTING!
This property used as a retreat for business officials and foreign officials.
Security personnel will presume that armed individuals on this property are a lethal threat and respond with deadly force.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Trespassers are scum. Anyone who trespasses on private property and hunts without the permission of the landowner deserves to permanently lose their right to hunt anywhere.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

How about putting an add in the local paper for a retired guy(HE has permission to hunt only for gun season or whatever)to hunt the property as payment for watching over the place. Like do a twice daily drive around to look for parked vehicles and take down #s. Then have no set time for him to do a walk thru once or twice during weekday morn or evenings in areas that arent security cover(as to not pressure deer) but tell him to have no set way of doing things. then if he finds trespassers let him contact you or he could contact police. Think that would work? Maybe even just pay him and not give him hunting rights. Some older guys i know would love this. You could give him like a seasonal or monthly check for spending cash. I think hunting rights would be the way to go but for him only.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:48 AM

Hi Non-Resident landowners. As a landowner myself, I wanted to let you know about the company that I work for that helps folks like you and me take care of your property while you receive the rent check. We value and address all of your concerns and there is absolutly no cost to the landowner. Our focus is on maximizing your land investment. Check out The Great Outdoor Web Company. You can find us online at www.thegow.com. They haveaninnovative approach to property care while maximizing land use revenues. If you would like additional information, please send me an email with your contact informationto:

[email protected]

andone of our representatives would love to talk to you about our services.

Quick Reply: Non-res landowners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.