Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting ground

Old 04-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default hunting ground

My family brought some land few years ago. This woods come along with it. There is this area where there is old fence piled up and some other trash. I want to clean this out and clear it out a bit. Its grown up a bit.I have noticed there is a good trail running right in the this area. If I go cutting down trees and gettings this fence out will this effect anything?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting ground

This time of year probably won't effect anything. We have bulldozed roads through our place and had deer almost flocking to them the same day. In our area, deer will take the path of least resistance, so new roads and trails are a good thing.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

I dont think it will effect it. Deer aren't picky. They adapt to anything.Also this would probly be the best time to work on it.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Get 'er done during the summer. Deer arnt picky but a big change to their habitat may cause some unrest. Clear it out and let it rest for a few months for the deer to get used to the change. What ever you do DONT try to change it right before or during season. While your out there put up your stand or blind at the same time.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Many deer come running when they hear chain saws, bulldozers and land clearing equipment. They associate it with food. In a couple of months, is when most clubs down herestart their trail and road clean up.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

LEAVE IT ALONE,WHY DESTROY HIDING HABITATE INFACT ANY COVER
Old 04-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you hunted in there before???
Old 04-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

cardeer has a good point. It might be wise to leave it as it is. You could leave some cover and clean it up to make it better/easier to hunt.Make sure you leave time before the season for them to settle(about a month). Like I said deer aren't picky and they will be fine if you mess with it, but don't take all the cover because they like those types of areas best.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Dominant Buck

If it is one of the thickest areas on the property it might be the sanctuary and if so better to leave it alone. If all you want to do is pick up all the old fence and thin out or free up apple trees then it sounds good.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:27 PM

Deerhunter1224, this is what you are gonna have to do. Wait for a good ole summer storm to role in, douse the garbage with gasoline and set fire to it. If the authorities get upset or attempt to demand respect, explain to them that the fire was kindled from a lightning strike. Now that the garbage is gone your gonna have a few other problems: 1) you are smack dab in the middle of yankeedom, people are gonna be comin from miles away to dump thier waste there (its just what they do up there). 2) you will probably heave to fend off yankee carpet baggers that will want to buy up the land with a gubement subsidized loan and turn it to low income housing and factory land (this is also just something yanks do). Basicaly your screwed. Best solution is to sell the property (trash and all) to a local county commisioner (he'll be able to bypass the zoning laws and do something with it). Take your dough and move down here and buy your very own piece of God's country. While here keep to yourself and please refrain from telling every single person you run into "well this is how we do it up North" Thats just gonna get you hurt. Trust me buddy, this is gonna work out great! Let me know if you need any more advice, I'm profeceint in Hunting, Fishing, Self Defense and solving "Lady-friend problems."

Quick Reply: hunting ground

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.