Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best all around dog

Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 AM

Default RE: Best all around dog

TOPDAWG i think that maybe you are a little bit confused.

"She is a compact little thing and she loves the woods as much as her owner. She is as protective and feisty as they come and absolutely will whip the hind end of any of your labs or otherwise."

I guarantee your little chihuahua would not "whip" my black lab. When molly (my dog) was 3 i sat in the dining room and watched her run off a coyote that jumped out of the woods on her. I can pretty much assure you that your chihuahua could not fend off a coyote. I would love to see that if you think it could. I hate them little yappin dogs they are worthless all they do is yap and yap and dont shut up its annoying. So i just think you are a little bit confused.

But back to the topic... black labs by far.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Well I am getting ready to have another Bday in a few weeks and I am getting a German Shepherd. Can't wait. It is from a rescue here in KY for German Shepards.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

For me the best dog always seems to be the one that finds me and sticks around. Breed seems to be irrelevant in this case. I haven't had too good of luck picking them myself.

Spud
Old 04-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blue Lacy
Old 04-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

AntlerAddict07,

two things:

1) I demand respect

2) 320 Bench

your lab is a nice dog, I am sure. I bet she is a real treat to have around. Probably even made many special memories with her at your side. Hey, she's a nice dog. I would think she is very friendly and a pleasure to have around. maybe even fetches a ball and brings it back too. Just a real pleaser.

HOWEVER, nothing compares to that of a chihuahua when disturbed or threatened. I have seen my dog attack everything from horses to turtles and I assure you she has always been the victor. She simply has no fear and will let you know if you are too close for her liking. Grrrrr....grrrrrrr, she says, as people and animals alike lay down in submission. Need to find a deer? Well just call my old dog and she will find him.

Again, I think your dog is tops and I hope you will post some pictures on the site one day so we can all enjoy some of her fascinating tricks and such. That sounds like a whole lot of fun, guys.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

The best all around dog is bar none, a chihuahua of any kind. I ahve one that is a mix with a dachsund and has some terrier in her and let me tell each of you, she demands respect.
TDWW's"Chihuahua" sounds more like a Heinz 57.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

2) 320 Bench
Go to the gym and then get back to us when you're lifting some real weight.[8D]
Old 04-24-2006, 05:37 PM

Nothing beats a lab! We used to have a chocolate and he had the best dang nose on him that he literally used to embarass other hunters who brought their dogs with them pheasant hunting. They'd run over birds...and when we'd look back...that big dope would be waggin his tail 100 m.p.h. begging for us to investigate. He just always knew
Old 04-24-2006, 05:40 PM

TOPDAWG im glad you are some macho man lifter ill show you some respect for that. If I could lift half of that I would be excited. Theres some respect.

But...labs are still the best always have been always will be. End of story.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Just an Ole Yella, mans best friend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.