Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what have you found while hunting >

what have you found while hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what have you found while hunting

Old 04-06-2006, 03:58 PM

Default RE: what have you found while hunting

this has nothing to do with hunting but while my son and i were riding atv's last monthwe came upon a man in the woods playing a banjo. in the middle of nowhere there he was pickin and grinnin. wasn't playing dueling banjo's but we didn'y stay around though.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

I've found a buck knife, flash lights, and a some car keys. I gave the key to the gas station in town just in case someone ask them about it.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not as good a story as the dead guy, but I was amused by this:

I found a box turtlea few years ago while I waswalking my dogin the summer, so I took him home and gave him to my cousins for a pet. They painted their names on his shell and kept him for a few days. They lived at least five miles away, as the crow flies. Well, after they realized that raising pet box turtles wasn't their cup of tea, they set Mr. Paintshell free in the woods behind their house.

In the first week of bow season (about 2 months later) I'm bowhunting behind the house and see something moving in the leaves. Sure enough, Mr. Paintshell came back home, and almost all of the paint was worn off. He managed to cross at least 3 roads, one of which is like a highway. I kinda felt bad after that, because I shouldn't have taken him in the first place, and it was my fault that he had to make such a great pilgrimage. Seriously, five miles is a long way for a turtle to go. I got out of my stand and chilled with Mr. Paintshell for a while, and scraped the rest of the paint off of him.He looked like he had places to go and turtles to see, so I climbed back into my perch and watch him slowly mope off into the sunset.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

aww that brings a tear to my eyesuch a sad story
Old 04-06-2006, 09:59 PM

Thats a neat story about Mr.paintshell.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Motorola FRS radio(working) , Primos grunt call , orange hat , Scent Bombs , empty deer pee bottles , a six pack(warm and not my brand) , a glove , assorted garbage .
Old 04-07-2006, 07:10 AM

Probably the coolest thingI have found was an old French made bayonet, we had it aged and it was from the Revolution war period. Living in New England you find some pretty old stuff out there, but I couldn't believe how good of shape it was in for 230+ years old. The guess why it hadn't completely rusted out was that what we thought had been leaf matter wrapping the blade had been heavily oiled cloth wrapping it. While it is heavily pitted it cleaned up real nice and you can read the engravings on it, if you read French.

I don't know how those guys did it. An M16 with a bayonet is one thing to carry, but this thing is more like a short sword 2 foot long blade at least. At the end of on of their long muskets, it must have weighed a ton. I always pictured it as having been attached toor in a pack that some soldier had lost or left.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

There is a lot of weird stuff in the woods by us, some of the things i have found were a treadmill, washing machine, mailbox, couch, and a big ol safe with about 10 bullet holes in the door.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

and a big ol safe with about 10 bullet holes in the door
could you tell what was inside??

and where you from in michigan?
Old 04-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: MA Jay

Probably the coolest thingI have found was an old French made bayonet, we had it aged and it was from the Revolution war period. Living in New England you find some pretty old stuff out there, but I couldn't believe how good of shape it was in for 230+ years old. The guess why it hadn't completely rusted out was that what we thought had been leaf matter wrapping the blade had been heavily oiled cloth wrapping it. While it is heavily pitted it cleaned up real nice and you can read the engravings on it, if you read French.

I don't know how those guys did it. An M16 with a bayonet is one thing to carry, but this thing is more like a short sword 2 foot long blade at least. At the end of on of their long muskets, it must have weighed a ton. I always pictured it as having been attached toor in a pack that some soldier had lost or left.
Boy I wish I could find a Fench Maid in the Bush. Preferably a young one though.

Quick Reply: what have you found while hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.